TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story. In August 2014 I had problems with my 2005 engine. With the awful noise it suddenly was making, I believe I was blowing up the engine. To date I never actually found a problem with the engine, but I suspect the horrible noise was the cam chain wearing a groove off the side of one of the chain guides.

With the help of some forum members (evan & Fred), I was offered up a 93 engine as a replacement. What great guys!

This past June, I blew up the 93 engine when the oil bleed screw for the head abandoned ship while I was going down the highway. This was a catastrophic engine failure. Cylinder was scarred and piston was toast.

But now it lives. Some forum members gave me some idea's of what to look for in the way of engine damage and after assessing the various possible "good" parts, I was able to put an engine together.

The engine is now comprised of: 93 head, 2005 piston & cylinder, 93 bottom end, and 2005 left side-cover, stator, and flywheel.

I do have to work on the clutch as I've discovered there is probably some damage to it or stuck plates, but I was able to get it running yesterday and took it for a little test drive.

And now once was the Mayflower is now the renamed TW200, Das Frankenflower.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you are back running Admiral. I did notice the photos were decidedly light on hammers.
Ah, but to ensure I pass the joeband hammer test, I did make sure 3 out of the 5 photo's had a hammer. Plus I included one in the video. I can't get caught with my hammers down!:p

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least on the video it sounds healthy. Congrats!
Time will tell if it's a total success, but the running condition of the motor was very encouraging. I had just started it up right before Mrs. Admiral came home. When she heard it run she wanted us to go out for a quick TW ride together. However, I had to borrow the battery from the new TW while the old battery was on the charger!

While you have to be very careful when riding without a clutch, and I've done it before in an emergency, it was still kind of neat that I was able to ride it without it. I'll not make it a habit and today I'll take a look at the clutch. Most likely something wrong with either the rod sticking or an issue with the plates for sure.

With the parts remaining on the shelf from the 2005 engine, I'm gonna rebuild it with a larger Wiseco piston. I'm kind of enticed by TW-Brians 6 speeder, but most likely just go the new hone the cylinder new piston route!

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice going Kris!! i'm impressed! when does the pink paint come out?
The paint scheme (pink) was discussed at lunch this very day. I do have a bit more work to do before it leave dry dock such as repairing the clutch and general cleaning prior to the new color!

Mrs. Admiral did rule out the fluorescent paint I was eyeballing as she doesn't want it quite that bright!:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts