TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first time in a long time that I have been able to go for a ride. So I took a little day trip down to the Yakima River to see how this weeks flooding had affected things. This last week warm temperatures and heavy rains caused flooding because of the rapid melting of snowpack below 6,000 feet.

In some places the Yakima River was 13 feet past flood stage down by Woodhouse Road (just before entering the Yakima Canyon) the river had receded but farm fields and roads were still affected by the flood.

Even small creeks were running fast with volumes 3 to 5 times larger than normal.

Today's ride was a short one but with two crushed thoracic vertebrae (caused by the cancer) about 1.5 hours of riding is all I can handle right now.

Tomorrow I go to Seattle for a bunch of tests to see how well the Stem Cell Transplant worked on my cancer. It didn't cure it but I think it knocked it back a bit.

Mike

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Its the small things in life that really matter. Glad nothing can slow you down from enjoying your tw. I hope the best for you!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wow, I didn't know it had flooded that bad, thanks for the pictures. I'm glad to see that you are out riding and enjoying yourself. Good luck on your tests. Hope to see you up in the Colockum this summer!

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Looks like it's gonna be "floody and muddy" this year. Starting to get that high water feeling 'round here too.

Appeared to be a fine day for a short little ride for you, so thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care Mike.

Kris

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks. Glad you were able to get out some and enjoy the day.

Best of luck over to the West side.

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
By the way, here's a couple pics I took yesterday up here by the 'Hole'.

The water is supposed to be like this in this pic. This is looking out at the North end of O'Sullivan (Potholes)

This is a great place to sit, enjoy a cigar and watch the sun set!!

There isn't supposed to be all this water here..... can you say, road closed!

Anyway, wasn't trying to poach the thread.

Bag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts