TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dual Sport Riding the north end of Ocala National Forest on Sat 3/5 then heading to Daytona to see the Supercross on Sat night then back out on Sun to do some Adventure riding probably on the south end of the forest. Anybody interested please respond. Capt D.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dual Sport Riding the north end of Ocala National Forest on Sat 3/5 then heading to Daytona to see the Supercross on Sat night then back out on Sun to do some Adventure riding probably on the south end of the forest. Anybody interested please respond. Capt D.
crap im workin on saturday,,i live just off 40 in the forest neer pines hardware ,,anyway mabey ride here someother time,,im trying to figure out what rear tire is going to work best up front in this sand ??any thoughts?or experienses ? im thinkin of Pirelli Scorpion XCMH Motorcycle Tire,,or maybe,,Dunlop D908RR Dual Sport Rear Tire 140/80-18 ,im running stock tires and anything under 3rd geer in sand is squirly as heck,,gettin used to it though..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap im workin on saturday,,i live just off 40 in the forest neer pines hardware ,,anyway mabey ride here someother time,,im trying to figure out what rear tire is going to work best up front in this sand ??any thoughts?or experienses ? im thinkin of Pirelli Scorpion XCMH Motorcycle Tire,,or maybe,,Dunlop D908RR Dual Sport Rear Tire 140/80-18 ,im running stock tires and anything under 3rd geer in sand is squirly as heck,,gettin used to it though..
I'm running the maxxis in the 130 size. Its much better in the sand than the stock front. I start at 12 psi and go down as needed. Won't buy it or that size again as I feel a narrower front tire with a more aggressive tread pattern would be even better. Also went to a 52 T rear sprocket so I could ride 4th gear in the sand whereas before I would be screaming 3rd/lugging 4th. Works for me as I weigh 185 + riding gear + tools, parts, hydration backpack, etc. Get rid of that stock chain as it is very low quality. If you can ride on Sunday we are probably starting at the boat ramp parking area in Astor. Let me know and I'll pm you my phone number. I'll be leaving home early Friday morning so no computer after then. Capt D.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running the maxxis in the 130 size. Its much better in the sand than the stock front. I start at 12 psi and go down as needed. Won't buy it or that size again as I feel a narrower front tire with a more aggressive tread pattern would be even better. Also went to a 52 T rear sprocket so I could ride 4th gear in the sand whereas before I would be screaming 3rd/lugging 4th. Works for me as I weigh 185 + riding gear + tools, parts, hydration backpack, etc. Get rid of that stock chain as it is very low quality. If you can ride on Sunday we are probably starting at the boat ramp parking area in Astor. Let me know and I'll pm you my phone number. I'll be leaving home early Friday morning so no computer after then. Capt D.
ya sounds good , not sure were boat ramp is im comin there from silver springs on 40,so about what time?and pm me your #,,ill pm u mine also if a time change. about how many r going? i went with a 14/45 so third is not screemin in sand ,,just orderd big foot pegs,shifter,msr cr hibend bars, and seat cover,,waitin on that still :{ still leaning tward the Pirelli Scorpion XCMH ,it looks like it has big knobs same patturn as front and is med to hard compound,,might last long and steer better,,still thinking of going wide to maybe stay on top of sand better,,cant always be in 3rd or 4th geer,i found some pretty windy side trails:)anyhow hope we can ride on sunday,,Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts