TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy question for the forum: If my battery goes completely dead can I push start my TW? Will it run on the generator?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Yes you can.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I found if you put it in third gear pull in the clutch run next to it or better yet go down hill pop the clutch she starts right up. 1st and 2nd to much compression back wheel will drag. and slide back on the seat to get your weight over the rear wheel.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Easy question for the forum: If my battery goes completely dead can I push start my TW? Will it run on the generator?
...and this is why I'm finally gonna break down and buy a kick started this fall. Dead battery last week, push started just fine, out of breath pushing it!:p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been in places where there is no possible way to push or drag the bike. My 06 TW has no kick start. What does it take to install one, is it just a matter of buying the kicker, or are there other parts and modifications needed?

·
Super Moderator
17,928 Posts
Just buy the kicker kit, (200 bucks) and a couple hours work. You will need a right side case cover gasket. My bike has a kicker, so I can't really advise, but others here can.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I keep mine on a battery tender have never had a problem.

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Try Craigslist for a used kit. Place a wanted add and renew it as necessary. If you find two I want one also as Murphy is after me too.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Just went out and looked at my side case and see I already have the hole for it hell I just might do it to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I spent yesterday push starting mine. I would gladly pay the $200 for the kicker, for the peace of mind it offers. There were a couple times it took a couple tries to get 'er fired up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts