TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Those injuries are from the 25 MPH high-side?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those injuries are from the 25 MPH high-side?

Yes, they are. Impact force = mass x speed. When you do the math, at 25 mph ... it's about 8000 lbs of pressure exerted in a fraction of a second. So remember that all that expensive cute gear you buy don't do a damn thing to counter act the force of impact.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why does my icon appear as yours in this thread? Interesting.

It's amusing to me that you don't believe what I already know.
We apparently selected the same photo for our avatar. Funny.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes, they are. Impact force = mass x speed. When you do the math, at 25 mph ... it's about 8000 lbs of pressure exerted in a fraction of a second. So remember that all that expensive cute gear you buy don't do a damn thing to counter act the force of impact.
That's force=mass x velocity squared. So yes, even greater impact forces are imparted and one can certainly get hurt - or not, depending on how one lands. Luck is a great riding partner.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's force=mass x velocity squared. So yes, even greater impact forces are imparted and one can certainly get hurt - or not, depending on how one lands. Luck is a great riding partner.

Hey, if you feel like stealing any of my videos and pretending that it's you riding ... here they are: http://www.youtube.com/user/icpchad

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not pretending anything. Just a cool picture I found on a Google search for photos of the T-Dub. Cool video though.

You found it? Did you not notice my YouTube channel name in the lower right hand corner? Seriously feel free to use it ... you're advertising my channel. I'm used to people stealing my tweets / ideas ... just never seen anyone steal my photo before. Why wouldn't you want to use your own bike / photo as an icon?

·
Registered
374 Posts
You found it? Did you not notice my YouTube channel name in the lower right hand corner? Seriously feel free to use it ... you're advertising my channel. I'm used to people stealing my tweets / ideas ... just never seen anyone steal my photo before. Why wouldn't you want to use your own bike / photo as an icon?
No man, didn't notice and didn't intend to steal your picture at all - just a cool photo I thought came from a track site or something. You don't often see a T-Dub in the air. I can pull my front wheel off the ground in first, or into second, but not that high. Your identity has been restored. How you doing, BTW?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No man, didn't notice and didn't intend to steal your picture at all - just a cool photo I thought came from a track site or something. You don't often see a T-Dub in the air. I can pull my front wheel off the ground in first, or into second, but not that high. Your identity has been restored. How you doing, BTW?

Check this out: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgobQgDHOlY[/media]

These are done in second gear ... totally stock TW (2011)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pretty sure newton's second law states that force = mass x acceleration

force = mass x speed <--- What I said. force = mass x acceleration <--- What you said. [Acceleration is speed.] So ... I'm confused as to why people feel the need to correct what is already true. It's a mystery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
force = mass x speed <--- What I said. force = mass x acceleration <--- What you said. [Acceleration is speed.] So ... I'm confused as to why people feel the need to correct what is already true. It's a mystery.

acceleration isn't speed. acceleration is the first derivative of speed. but if you want to go on believing that speed is acceleration then go right on ahead.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
icpchad!! That video kicked ass!! AAA+++ on the song, always liked that one, & sing it to myself occasionally. The hospital scenes were good enough to impress Greys Anatomy fans! Especially the fly over! First rate!

Yeah, as far as gear goes, a rider just has to hope that it will help lessen the severity of the total injuries.

You're not planning on giving up on two wheels, are you?

BTW, the video was not wasted on me, I witnessed your struggle, and the pain I can only imagine you must have endured to recover your vertical life style. Nuf said. m.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts