TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid Summer:
A couple of rides combined into one video in similar areas of Deadwood Reservoir, ID. Parts of the loop was on the IDBDR and we passed several riders on their adventure. The highlight was riding near but not to Scott Mtn. Lookout, Deadwood Reservoir Dam, and the infamous water crossing near Lowman on the BDR. However, the riders were fun everywhere.
Me and eeyore going through the infamous IDBDR water crossing north of Lowman, ID. I'd say only about 25% of the riders ride through the water. The rest split between turning around and taking the go-around many miles back or walking their bikes through.

On the first ride to Deadwood, Mrs. Admirals Wilbrr TW protested so she had to take the backup Blue Bunny TW.

Gets a little loud and cold but standing below the dam is pretty awesome...and scary at the same time.

Lakeside lunch view

The rest of the ride was just good views riding through the woods and up on the ridges. Good times.

·
Super Moderator
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that tachometer work?
It did until my trip to Utah a month ago. I had a mechanical issue that caused me to remove the gas tank and a day or so later I realized the tach wasn't working. I'm guessing I pinched a wire duirng the gas tank removal/installation process and haven't checked on it since.
I've had this particular tach gauge for something like 10 years and has been very reliable. I give forum member elime the credit for pointing me in the direction of this tach. I think it cost something like 10-14 dollars at the time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So is it electrical and not mechanical? It looks like the stock tach from an xt350 or something.

·
Super Moderator
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is it electrical and not mechanical? It looks like the stock tach from an xt350 or something.
Oh, Oh, wait. Yes this video combines two different rides and yes, the tack is from my XT350 which I rode one of those days. I mixed the best clips of both days and we rode different bikes each day. My electrical tach is on my Scoob TW which I didn't ride in either of these days.

·
Registered
2019 TW200
3 Posts
After watching this and a few of your other videos I remembered I watched the Moab 17’ video a few years ago and ever since that video I always crack KTM jokes and now I remember where I got it from lol

·
Super Moderator
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After watching this and a few of your other videos I remembered I watched the Moab 17’ video a few years ago and ever since that video I always crack KTM jokes and now I remember where I got it from lol
I still give my son a little guff about KTM's. Every ride we go on I ask him if he wants me to bring a backup bike for him. Not totally out of line with that as he had to use my backup TW on a ride earlier this spring. It's funny you remember that video from 17 Moab. :D

Reactions: Mistervelocity
1 - 8 of 8 Posts