TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where i live we have basically one dealership to work with. They have pretty much cornered the market and sell everything and have put all the other smaller places out of buisness. I call today to see if they have parts in stock. They say no but can order them and have them in next week. Ok, let me stop and back up. This is the same shop i called last week to see if they have jets and they inform me they have a box of old jets they have collected and they could dig around and see if they could find something that might work! Really? how much space does a box of jets take up? I understand not having sizes other than what are used in the bikes you sell, but not even having stock parts i dont inderstand. I called today to get a sprocket set and chain..... they had neither..... REALLY? no chain? After they tell me 100$ for sprockets and chain and they could have them first of next week, i declined and said i could order them my self. The parts guy gets an attitude and says "Well then, GOOD LUCK" Good luck? WTF? Everytime i say it, but one of these days im really going to stop dealing with them. I just dont understand idiot dealerships like this?How can you house over 100 bikes and 50 quads and have no parts in stock?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Dealer in Dothan is the same way. I just order everything online. My dealer charges me for shipping, so what's the point in being middle manned by a dealer.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
After they tell me 100$ for sprockets and chain and they could have them first of next week, i declined and said i could order them my self. The parts guy gets an attitude and says "Well then, GOOD LUCK" Good luck? WTF? Everytime i say it, but one of these days im really going to stop dealing with them. I just dont understand idiot dealerships like this?How can you house over 100 bikes and 50 quads and have no parts in stock?
They don't want to tie up tens of thousands of dollars in inventory. They also have rent, utilities, payroll, interest on their floor plan, and more.

They order their parts from the same regional manufacturer warehouses that the online vendors do.

The "attitude" part is inexcusable. Take your business elsewhere.

Jb

·
Registered
566 Posts
That's a horrible attitude towards customer service. You sure it's not a Ford dealer? (OK, I jest.) A Ride Now? (I don't jest.)

The local dealership always seems to have one or two TWs on the floor. They don't stock parts for them like jets and such. Same deal as you with the jets. They wanted to look in the back through a box of jets based on what carb I had. A part number does no good for this process, btw. The owner told me he has never had anyone ask for TW jet. In my case though, they were happy to order it. It arrived in four days and it was less than $6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The dealer attitude here in anchorage, is if you do not have a new bike (purchased from them) they do not care if you come in or not, in fact seem to prefer that you do not clutter up their parking lot. Fortunately, stealerships have alternatives. rw

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm not a big fan of dealerships, but I can relate one positive story with my local Kawasaki dealership. When I sort of groaned about the quoted price on a saddlebag support for my cruiser that needed to be ordered, the parts guys asked me what the internet price was and immediately agreed to take another 10 or 15% off of the price he had quoted me. He said he had argued the point with the owner for several years that it didn't hurt for them to take a reduced profit in order to keep us coming back to the counter. I think he's a good business man. All of my real mechanical work is done by a local independent mc mechanic. He lets me watch, does a great job and does not oversell me on parts or labor. But those shops are rare. Tom

·
Registered
583 Posts
My local dealership is pretty much the only game in town and it shows in their sales dept.Arrogant and hard to deal with.However the parts and service departments are great.The staff is knowledgeable and very helpful.

They usually have to order my parts and they usually arrive within a few days.Unless something is on sale I also get a discount.

They carry several different brands.I don't expect them to stock parts for all the different models.As long as the prices are fair and they deliver in a timely fashion I am happy.

I would speak to the owner/manager about the attitude of his employee and tell him you are thinking about taking your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have quoted me prices10-20% more than online places, and this is before i have to pay for shipping as well. Then i would have to go to the shop and pick it up. OR i could buy online, know if the wrong parts ordered it truly was my fault, and have parts shipped TO me. This is a no brainer. They wont get my business ever again. even if i buy another bike i will travel to find a better shop.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
One of the advantages of living in a metro area is the competition between shops. Most of the dealers in this area are great. The few that aren't are quick to go out of business.

Word of mouth is a powerful force.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive heard more horror stories from this dealer than good ones. one friend had a bike in their shop to be serviced. They dropped it, scratched the sides and broke a turn siganl. They would not repair it. They sai their olicies states that any damage caused to the bike in their care they are not responsible for. Also a "mysterious" fire burned down the enitre shop. Both new bikes and personal bikes in for service were destroyed. They did not pay for a single personal bike that was destroyed. Most bikes had insurance covered by the owners, so the bikes were replaced or payments made. But last i heard the insurance companies were still fighting it out. I really wished we had a decent dealership...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts