TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Any one planning to go to Death Valley? Looking for other TDubbers to hook up with and do some exploring. Hoping to go before it gets too hot.

Registered
Possibly. I do need a shakedown camping trip (or two).

Registered
Great weather last week:
Las Vegas to Pahrump, Shoshone (Crowbars for lunch), Badwater, Stovepipe Wells, then home via Beatty (homemade ice cream at the nut and candy store).
BTW, fuel prices at Stovepipe Wells was much better than Shoshone ($4.499) or Furnace Creek ($4.409)
Artist's 9 mile loop off highway 178 (1).JPG
Artist's 9 mile loop off highway 178 (4).JPG
Badwater (1).JPG
Highway 190 leaving Srtovepipe Wells.JPG

Registered
SportsterDoc, is that another new bike for you?
It is #4, within 12 months...but that is it...took too much out of my retirement, as it is!
4,034 miles since Nov 7.
Two oil changes and 7 chain lubes.

Thought I posted pics earlier
The last one was today, only 216 miles.
Last weeks Death Valley trip was 335 miles.

The Yamaha dealer sold my 2016 Moto Guzzi V7II for the exact amount of the trade-in value on my 2018 Yamaha XT250.
The Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer gave me $4,000 for the XT250 with 1500 miles on it (~6 weeks).
It was for sale for $4,999, then $3,999, now it is offered for $3,499...maybe I should buy it back!
https://www.ridenowrancho.com/used-atvs-utvs-motorcycles-scooters-watercraft-for-sale-las-vegas-enterprise-nv-nevada--xPreOwnedInventory

2014 Honda CB1100, Red Rock 8 Nov 2017.JPG
2014 Honda CB1100, Cold Creek wild horses 9 Nov 2017.JPG
2014 Honda CB1100, Deer Creek Road 9 Nov 2017.JPG
2014 Honda CB1100, Redstone, Highway 167 10 Nov 2017.JPG
2014 Honda CB1100 , Gunlock State Park-1 Dec 2017.JPG
2014 Honda CB1100 Upper Pahranagat Lake, 5 Feb 2018.JPG

Attachments

Registered
Dang. If you were a fashion loving woman I can only imagine how many shoes you would own.
I really like the CB1100 and would probably own one if I didn't REALLY love dirt and gravel roads. I hope you enjoy the bike and keep it for at least a few more months.

Registered
From the ADV site:

鈥渢he 2018 edition of the DVNR will be held at Panamint Springs Resort, CA on March 22 to 25 (Thursday to Sunday).

Proud to say this is our 13th event......and we denoobed hundreds of new riders....:lol3

This is a camping event and meet-up of dual sport and adventure riders. Riding is whatever you and your friends want to do. The riding is so plentiful that all you have to worry is having enough fuel to get you there and back to the nearest available fuel.

Our goal is to facilitate the event that will provide an opportunity for beginners and those lacking experience or skills to become better and safer riders. It is also the place to meet other riders with the same or similar skill level.鈥

I鈥檒l be there.

Here鈥檚 the link: ADVrider Rally - 2018 dEATh vALLey nOObs rALLY - March 22-25 | Adventure Rider

Registered
Welcome to the group TW Shell. I'd love to do Death Valley however unless I win some cash not likely to happen anytime soon considering how far away it is for me to travel.

Registered
Sorry, but I would avoid that ADV rally like the plague.

Registered
I really like the CB1100 and would probably own one if I didn't REALLY love dirt and gravel roads. I hope you enjoy the bike and keep it for at least a few more months.
No shoes, but 3 pairs of boots!

There have been several vehicles that I did not keep long: https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73497

The CB1100 is not recommended for off the pavement...bit heavy and I have spun the rear just getting back on asphalt from a sandy or rocky shoulder.

This is M/C #17 over a 54 year span. Planning on it to be the final one. Age 71 next week. Hope to ride for at least a couple more years.

Registered
I'm going to the ADV Death Valley nOOb weekend.
Hope to take the TW as well as my 450EXC.
Not many better opportunities to get guided rides in DV by folks who have been there before.
Pick your ride/loop, someone is bound to be going there.

This ADV gathering ISN'T WARPED, which is a much different atmosphere.

Registered
I apologize for previous negativity r.e. the ADV Rally.
My concern is the base located out of Panamint Springs means a long daly blacktop commute out and back to enjoy riding areas well suited for a TW. A TW's stock fuel tank just does not have the range for worry-free exploring into the remote parts of the park or adjacent areas.
Our TWs would be little fish in a big pond of long distance machinery, although meeting some of the characters might be nice.
Basically the rally is a bit too big and a little too organized for my tastes, my tenancy would be to camp more remotely with replenishment provisions and take a slower pace exploring non-commercial options.

Registered
Any one planning to go to Death Valley? Looking for other TDubbers to hook up with and do some exploring. Hoping to go before it gets too hot.
Yes, I'm planning to go sometime in late Feb. - early March and camp down in the southern section. I'm also looking at Anza Borrego during the same time period. I'll PM you when I'm sure of the dates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts