TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Mojave on Wednesday (Nov 10th) afternoon, then Death Valley area, until Sunday 14th. I'll be on the Westside of the park if anyone wants to hook up for a ride.

Email

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fyi-No cell service at pennanmint springs anymore unless you have "Altell". I'm in space T-17.

Rode Swansea-Cerro Gordo yesterday, bad section of trail 4 miles in. Would not try and drive a suv up it alone, narrow rocky, and a long way down. Pics coming soon.

thanks Josh

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back from trip. Awesome time. TW worked like a champ, even though it protested quite a bit above 9k feet.

Down in Southpark Canyon after climbing Pleasant Canyon to Roberts Pass. Check out the trail surface.

About 4 miles out of Swansea on the way to the Salt Tram ruins.

About 16 miles up the road the salt tram ruins.

Looking down toward Owen's river valley.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Josh, like your report. We ran into you on Friday at Ballarat,thanks for the gas, we would'nt have made it back to Stovepipe Wells without it. Gonna do some of those trails next spring when we go again. Janet

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on Janet. Glad to help. I'll be back in Death Valley, in Febuary camping with an Element group at Furnace Creek. I'll have the TW with me for sure.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Saturday I went up into White Mountains. Mazourka Peak

Over a couple little ridges and through some snow to Papoose Flat, looking west.

Papoose Flat -Looking east

Heading back down to the town of Independence.

Sunday went for an early ride into Alabama Hills, nice backdrops. Filled a lot of movies out there back in the day.

Arch

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Hadda rub it in, dincha?

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Bikerjosh, those are some pretty cool pictures. I am always interested in finding old structures out in the desert or woods. Those salt tram ruins are pretty neat. I assume they were for salt mines? Any history of them that you are aware of? Last year I watched a video of the 20 mule team that hauled out Borax from those types of mines. Were you near them also. Anyway thanks for sharing photo's of your desert adventure. If I was closer I'd love a ride out in the desert (not is summer though) ha ha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts