TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well I just couldn't wait till next season. So today was actually a nice mild day. Tomorrow its supposed to snow .anyway enough of the weather story

Rode the tdub into work and after went to see my new ride some of you know I've been trying to decide on a cruiser. Well I picked up this '00 vstar 650. Still have to get her certified and licensed.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Nice bike. How many miles on it?

I had one for about a year. A couple of other forum members have V-Star 650's.

Jb

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't know how I missed this but for some reason I did. In my research on the vstar I found nothing but positives...Not until I had a hell of a time finding the sweet spot on the clutch did I find all the negatives about it. Turns out the friction zone on the clutch is at the end of the lever and it is a very small one. It's been described to be like a switch, on and off. So it's like having to learn to ride again.

After some research on the topic have ordered a seritec mod to help the problem. There is another mod called the clevver which is a clutch lever replacement that increase the friction zone. I will try the 1st mod and see how that goes...

Im just surprised that Yamaha made the bike this way. Apparently this is the same on all vstars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts