TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D

Sitting here this morning, catching up on Veterans Salutes on my Facebook page...and waiting for the expected cold and wet weather to arrive...they said 80% chance of showers, strong winds, and a high of 60....well here it is 12:30pm and we have sunshine, the wind, and 64 degrees...I checked the Radar, and the front is coming...but not yet. SO.....

I headed out to the Market where a buddy of mine works and told me last night during Dartball that a new shipment of brews came it...so off I go....lo and behold, 12 Dogs Christmas Ale...there is a case of six packs setting there, a bit pricy at $10.99 but WTH? I grab that....and then I spy a few six packs of Old Man Winter, from the upstate NY Brewery that produces the Good Pumking Ale, albeit pricy...as is Old Man Winter Ale...but I collect a 6 pack at $12.99....ouch, why more than I like to spend....but I now have a garage full of nearly 5 cases of my favorite Winter Lager and Ales....that should do me until Christmas....if not, color me stupid..:iamwithstupid:

Anyway I set aside a six pack of the Dogs for the guy helping me with some footwork for the Moab Trip, Borneo, and am now packing the rest into the basement...gonna be cold next week, highs only in the 20s a couple of days they say, don't want no broken expensive beer and ale gone to waste...however today's warmer and sunnier than expected weather leaves me in a quandary....I have already went out to the Lake Side Bike Path and walked 3 miles...now do I jump on the TW one more time{thought yesterday would be the last} or OR do I pull up a sturdy lawn chair in the back yard and fire up a good cigar and try a 12 Dog and maybe an Old Man Winter while lighting one up?????

Decisions~Decisions :very_drunk:

Walking, a Cigar, and a couple Winter Brews might just be a good mix on the last day of Indian Summer, Don't you think?

Walk, Bike, Beer 009.JPG Walk, Bike, Beer 003.JPG Walk, Bike, Beer 005.JPG

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Well, it's heading your way. I thought I would be able to ride back to the office after lunch, but it ain't looking viable at the moment. I think I'll eat another handful of chips and have a slice of pie and then make the call. Brown Santa is supposed to be here with my Happy Trail Mojave bags today. I got a little "projecting" planned for after work and a dry motorcycle would be a plus.

·
Super Moderator
17,934 Posts
Always ride first, then drink. Hoot you got plenty of time to tear it up on the TW today don't you? Go for a ride, then come home and relax. I want to ride every day I can. It's *23 out there today and if I am traveling at 25-35 mph, that makes it about *5 degrees with the windchill factor.

Me? I'd ride. Even a short ride is so exhilarating, I love it. Go for a ride, then kick back Hoot. I'm going in a little while. :)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ I did, one zip along Lake Shore Drive, then to the country Fairgrounds next to the house, where I did some experimenting on the gravel and loose pea gravel....talking with Borneo the other day, and after riding for an hour today...the decision has been made...gotta change that stock front tire before Moab....

Damn...now the clouds are moving in....do I have time to smoke one or do I pull up Big Dog's Web Site and read and view the photos from his just completed fall ride :confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,934 Posts
Good for you Hoot!

·
Super Moderator
17,934 Posts
Always ride first, then drink. Hoot you got plenty of time to tear it up on the TW today don't you? Go for a ride, then come home and relax. I want to ride every day I can. It's *23 out there today and if I am traveling at 25-35 mph, that makes it about *5 degrees with the windchill factor.

Me? I'd ride. Even a short ride is so exhilarating, I love it. Go for a ride, then kick back Hoot. I'm going in a little while. :)
Time to kick back bro, rides done. ;)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's heading your way. I thought I would be able to ride back to the office after lunch, but it ain't looking viable at the moment. I think I'll eat another handful of chips and have a slice of pie and then make the call. Brown Santa is supposed to be here with my Happy Trail Mojave bags today. I got a little "projecting" planned for after work and a dry motorcycle would be a plus.
It's here...I sit here sipping on an Old Man Winter and watching a straight line rain...not heavy but blown by a good stiff west to Northwest wind....it should clear off by tonight and temps dropping to 28 so they say....meanwhile I didn't get out to light up a Cigar, but will sip a couple of cold ones.....:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts