TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Bubba Billy Klinton had his own walking, talking, human Humidor....I think her name was Monica?:eek:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Humidor 001.JPG 'Now this is a "Humidor" Clark' Hoot's for the Hoo~Gar Bar filled with a collection of my current stash: Humidor 002.JPG

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
We should end the 60 year old pissing contest with Castro and resume trade relations if only to get good cigars.;)
Get rid of President Johnson's Chicken Tax too, a 30% duty on imported commercial vehicles has kept many a cute ute off our roadways,Foster Farms already has gotten enough pay-back and retribution for duties charged on their exports.
If elected and given god-like powers I would give all laws a shelf-life and expiration date like milk. That way congress would not be so busy enacting new bandaid legislation and instead focus on refining and keeping only worthy laws. Farm Bill is one example of layered pork-barrel that needs a review.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Hi Hoot: Got any Cubans in there?

Some have Cuban seed, but the best smokes, IMO, come right from the DR or are made by Drew Estate....but everybody has their own tastes....I've had Cubans....they are a cult status thing these days, since the other quality makers/rollers have discovered the secret. Reminds me of Coors Beer back in the 70s...everybody wanted some, so a trio of us{one guy going to Moab with us} drove from Ohio to Kansas City, Kansas back in 1975....and loaded 25 cases in the trunk and a few in the backseat coolers and brought it home, and handed it out at the Red Door...it was fun, but the Beer? Average to above, but nothing special....:rolleyes: But we had a great time driving out and back...that was the treat: :cool:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
We would all have to pass the hat to raise $250,000 to free Hoot from possesion of contraband cigars. Question, if locked up inGuantanamo can you get a good smoke?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
We should end the 60 year old pissing contest with Castro and resume trade relations if only to get good cigars.;)
Get rid of President Johnson's Chicken Tax too, a 30% duty on imported commercial vehicles has kept many a cute ute off our roadways,Foster Farms already has gotten enough pay-back and retribution for duties charged on their exports.
If elected and given god-like powers I would give all laws a shelf-life and expiration date like milk. That way congress would not be so busy enacting new bandaid legislation and instead focus on refining and keeping only worthy laws. Farm Bill is one example of layered pork-barrel that needs a review.
Time to change your signature Fred!:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Right you are Tom, I'm sounding political again after promising myself to behave. What would be a better politically correct signature Tom? I trust you since you are obviously a neutral and un-biased observer of life based upon your own signature.:rolleyes:

P.S. - I'm not really political, just know you guys like your cigars. And the Chicken Tax thing is just because Australia has cool off-roaders we can't get here. And once I drag out the soapbox it's hard to climb down off the darn thing.:grommit:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The Cuban import ban is embarrassing. Makes us look like pissy children stomping our feet.

One year Carl and I decide we would try to backpack across the Everglades and the Big Cypress. We did it. I don't recommend it. When we punched out on the highway we were a grungy mess. Nobody would give us a ride. Finally a semi stopped. Put our gear in the trailer and invited us up front. Carl sat in the sleeper and I rode shotgun by right of seniority. What followed was one of the most amazing events of my life. Our driver was a Cuban refugee. Came over on a raft. Became a citizen. He told us the whole story and Carl caught it on video. It was truly humbling and amazing. His love for this country and his desire to get here at the risk of his life was humbling. I'll never forget that man. We were trying to get to a hostel in Miami. He diverted from his route and drove us right to the door. Thanks amigo, where ever you are.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Speaking of the Everglades...once Moab is outta of the way we need a group of TW Guys/Gals and ride the Loop Road then head down south taking in various spots in the Glades before heading to Key West....for a fling at Captain Tony's....February seems to be the best month, pretty dry and the heat has not returned in full steam.....:p See you guys have me strung out with all this damn Dual Sport Stuff....and I can maybe drag the wife along and leave her at my Little Sister's place in Naples... :eek: I'm saying February 2016 it's the Everglades and Loop Road....to the Park and KW...

Loop Road Main Drag.png Islamorada_sunset02.jpg keywest-capttonyssaloon.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts