TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Deep Dark Depression, Excessive Misery!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Scooterbrained 
#1 ·
So after several days of fantastic T-DUBBING in some of God's Country, it's time to head back south. On the final leg of the journey, I stopped long enough a few miles outside of Folkston, GA for a few more pics. No van is complete without a little Dubbery hanging off the back, huh Fred?

If I remember correctly some of the history I read from the past, the old church has been moved but one side still rests on the fat lighter pine pedestals.

About another 40 miles south and I arrive home. My wife and daughter fixed this for supper a couple hours later. So much for depression and misery! :)

After the blessings I was given for the trip and, a meal like this upon return from such a torturing motocation, it was the perfect opportunity for the wife to say "Now about that new couch and recliner I've been wanting . . . . "

A wise man once said "Yes Dear!"

But then, since women don't play fair, the old George Jones' song "The Battle" came to mind.

Dawn breaks on the battlefield, as the morning mist lays heavy on the ground
And the silence is like thunder, as the enemy prepares another round

In her soft and satin armor, lying on the far side of the bed
Wounded and heart broken, scarred by the killing words I've said

I have no rules in battle, so I fire the guns of anger once again
Oh she's such a little thing, and there's not doubt about it, I CAN WIN! (except she's a redhead)

But with teardrops as her weapon, she easily destroys my battle plan
And shamefully retreating, I smile at her and then she takes command

Just kidding folks, it did not go that way at all. We all went furniture shopping and out to eat today.
Besides, the ass that will spend the most time in the recliner belongs to me!

I ain't not no dummy, and me wife didn't raise no fool.

Marty

See less See more
#4 ·
So after several days of fantastic T-DUBBING in some of God's Country, it's time to head back south. On the final leg of the journey, I stopped long enough a few miles outside of Folkston, GA for a few more pics. No van is complete without a little Dubbery hanging off the back, huh Fred?

View attachment 208042

View attachment 208043

If I remember correctly some of the history I read from the past, the old church has been moved but one side still rests on the fat lighter pine pedestals.
View attachment 208044

About another 40 miles south and I arrive home. My wife and daughter fixed this for supper a couple hours later. So much for depression and misery! :)
View attachment 208045

After the blessings I was given for the trip and, a meal like this upon return from such a torturing motocation, it was the perfect opportunity for the wife to say "Now about that new couch and recliner I've been wanting . . . . "

A wise man once said "Yes Dear!"

But then, since women don't play fair, the old George Jones' song "The Battle" came to mind.

Dawn breaks on the battlefield, as the morning mist lays heavy on the ground
And the silence is like thunder, as the enemy prepares another round

In her soft and satin armor, lying on the far side of the bed
Wounded and heart broken, scarred by the killing words I've said

I have no rules in battle, so I fire the guns of anger once again
Oh she's such a little thing, and there's not doubt about it, I CAN WIN! (except she's a redhead)

But with teardrops as her weapon, she easily destroys my battle plan
And shamefully retreating, I smile at her and then she takes command

Just kidding folks, it did not go that way at all. We all went furniture shopping and out to eat today.
Besides, the ass that will spend the most time in the recliner belongs to me!

I ain't not no dummy, and me wife didn't raise no fool.

Marty
Looks like you may got home just in time to meet Sally. May not have any riding weather the next few days.

#9 ·
[QUOTE="Gully,
I think Sally will pass Scooter up and is coming our way. I live near Mobile, AL and we have had heavy rain showers this evening from the very outer feeder bands of Sally.
[/QUOTE]
Looks like Sally is going to miss us how’s the BAMA boys doing

#12 ·
Perfect, TW-in-BC!
I think Roy was the last one to pass. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.