TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With deer season coming on...the smell is already in the air and I am getting my new west Texas style deer stand up and ready for the action! I had a couple of pieces of sturdy floor I bought for a job and ended up doing something different so...free floor...got the cedar trees off my cousins place down the road..(cost nothing but gas in the truck and saw). Bought 5 2x6x8s...(20 bucks) little tractor work borin the holes...and some using my PHD....s (the daughter and I dug the final bit by hand) one "Ozarks" Texas style tree stand!...(well the floor anyway)...to be continued..

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Love it! We made many elevated blinds in mid-Michigan using cut cedar trees as well. Make sure to post more pics once this is complete.

Tom

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I find the different styles and techniques of deer hunting a cross this country intriguing. The seasons vary a great deal also. The season in my neck of the woods ENDED a month ago.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Kill and eat all those bastards you can. Save a biker, kill a deer.

Get their numbers down to where they are an endangered specie again. Then maybe they will stay in the forest where they belong.

Oh, and shoot your neighbors who put out salt blocks to lure them into their yards. The cute little killers don't belong on streets and roads.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Some of the deer stands around here have lights,fridge,chairs and a sound system! Seems it's more about drinking beer with your buds than hunting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I do not put anything out for them, they have plenty of acorns to eat anyhow I just wanted something permanent and fairly comfortable I can take my youngest daughter and the grand kids to so they can watch the critters and or hunt with me...it will be a nice place just to sit and listen...already broke it in to beer drinkin! Sat on it for a few hours yesterday. I can see so much area there will not be any trouble finding something to shoot. Below it is a very well concealed deer highway they have been able to use without being seen forever....that is over!..lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts