TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
im on my 2nd week off work for hunting and havent seen much at all. I usually see a bunch of little bucks, a few nice ones and alot of does. Yesterday a seen a buck and doe but he wasnt very big. Good luck to all

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Looks like quite a trek! Applause for sure. Too many lazy hunters in my region.

I wish hunting was still not allowed on Sundays. We went for a ride last Sunday and ran into four separate angry hunters. I wish these guys wouldn't hunt right on the logging roads. They were all by their trucks! Some of them seemed to enjoy watching our bikes but still showed signs of being a little peeved. I really dislike wearing bright orange and the possibility of getting shot. Word is if it moves someone will shoot at it unless it's bright orange....not exactly the sign of a responsible skilled hunter but I'm sure it's more common then we'd like.

On the lighter side...

"Dear Season
Why are you so cold to me? Once I have warmer clothes we will meet again."

hehe...couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The last year I hunted was 2000. And I've never got a deer. Maybe some day I will go for it again, but for now I'm strictly a fisherman. My brother's another story. He's gotten his first 2 deer via bow this year.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice buck there ssgtrilliam. Is that Staff Sargent Rillium?

I have hunted all my life since I could carry a rifle, pistol, BB gun, bow and arrow, and to this day nothing gives me more satisfaction than bringing something out of the woods and putting it on the dinner table.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
a guy got a monster about 3 miles from my house 2 weeks ago. Im betting it will be in the top 10 all time in Indiana View attachment 24289 View attachment 24290
Whoa, Nice rack.

Here's my career largest.

Stopped hunting horns after him unless it's a bigger rack. I have a couple of Pope an Young records.

Bow hunting IS easier. Ask me about it.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
This guy was in my face only a few minutes ago. Full in the rut he was making a stamp charge stamp at me to let me know in no uncertain terms that the doe behind him was his girl. Sorry it is a bit blurry

A few seconds earlier and less blurry since neither of us was moving

Could of speared him with a Clovis point or one of those Hawaiian pig spears .

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
One of his antlers branches looked recently broken off and he was intently staring down Canyon so I got closer not sure if I would see his harem or a cougar. He was just horny, focused on a nearby doe oblivious of me until I was about two spear lenghts away.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Bucknutz scored a nice one out on his TW.

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

GaryL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts