1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I may be older, weaker, and suffering medical issues, but I've yet to meet a problem child willing to stand up to the imprint of a .45ACP under my jacket. Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for the Lord has provided me with a sweet pistol and the skill to use it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That is a cool guy. You can tell from the picture that his right arm is affected by his disability, he shoots left handed while he appears to be right eye dominant. Adversity.... FU! He rocks, I would love to go shooting with him.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
That is a cool guy. You can tell from the picture that his right arm is affected by his disability, he shoots left handed while he appears to be right eye dominant. Adversity.... FU! He rocks, I would love to go shooting with him.
Interesting Observation ... But I am Right Handed in everything I do, but when shooting, I am Left Eye Dominant....it is possible I am this because the muscle in my right eye is limited to up/down and moving to the left side...it will not nor has it ever been able to rotate to the right...regardless I was awarded the Expert Marksman Ribbon on several occasions as an Air Force Security Cop....I wonder how many folks on this forum, gun lovers or not, have ever thought about the Right Eye/Left Eye Dominate Thingy?::rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Interesting Observation ... But I am Right Handed in everything I do, but when shooting, I am Left Eye Dominant....it is possible I am this because the muscle in my right eye is limited to up/down and moving to the left side...it will not nor has it ever been able to rotate to the right...regardless I was awarded the Expert Marksman Ribbon on several occasions as an Air Force Security Cop....I wonder how many folks on this forum, gun lovers or not, have ever thought about the Right Eye/Left Eye Dominate Thingy?::rolleyes:
I have. Do I get a participation award now?;)

Tom

P.S. I heard you Air Force guy's used to qualify with rubber band gun's?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
^^^ No Rubber Band Guns...but we did use those old Carbines when I started....then Graduated to the M-16, and the M-60{never knew where those sons a guns were going} and the .38 Police Special...I still practice with mine at least one every month or so just to prove I'm not completely blind and senile....:cool:

Dover1968.jpg

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
What? No outrage at my poking a little fun at the Air Force? You would make a poor lib!

Tom

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
U R Right, I would make a "Poor Lib" and damn proud of it....:p

·
Registered
226 Posts
I too noticed the eye dominate issue, but I have the same problem righty left eye dominate. No eye issue to speak of just always been that way.

·
Registered
485 Posts
....I wonder how many folks on this forum, gun lovers or not, have ever thought about the Right Eye/Left Eye Dominate Thingy?:
I'm not sure what makes us dominant in one eye over another, but I was thankful that I was right eye dominant when I lost the use of my left eye due to a mild stroke 4 years ago. And since I'm right handed and right eye dominant I can still stick arrows in a nice tight group out to 60 yards. Once you lose an eye to anything, you "really" take care of the one you have left.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm ambidextrous. I tend to pick up tools and stuff with whichever hand it's easier to get at the project with.

But with shooting, I prefer to have the but of a rifle against my right shoulder, and for some reason prefer handguns in my left hand.

But I do make sure to practice shooting both ways. You never know which direction you'll be shooting around the corner.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Solid practice advice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tom

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm left handed and left eye dominant, but my EDC is on my right hip, but I shoot equally well with either hand. Same with my knives. Open, close and use equally well with either hand. When I qualified in the Army, we shot 40 rounds one day and 40 the next. I shot left the first day and just to be kind of a smart a$s, I shot right the second day. Scored 78 out of 80. :)

I'm kind of all over the place.... (mentally too)
Bowling (makes no difference)
Golf (usually right handed)
Pool (makes no difference)
Batting (makes no difference)
Guitar / Bass (right handed, never tried left)
Mouse (computing, right only)
Writing (left only)
Eating (left only)
Hand Tools (makes no difference)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts