TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out a company called seekonk.com for inch pound torque wrenches ( deflecting beam type. ). The price range is from $118-$134 , various inch-pound combinations .:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check out a company called seekonk.com for inch pound torque wrenches ( deflecting beam type. ). The price range is from $118-$134 , various inch-pound combinations .:)
Remember you can check them by clamping the drive end in a vice parallel tom the floor and hanging a known weight from the handle

I prefer clickers . don't have to look at a dial . I have both. a guy should have some idea of what he is pulling anyway . But from the busted bolt forum a lot are way too strong

Price might be all right . I do like Made in the USA . Better a cheap one then broken bolts . and I think the cheap ones work fine in the range we work in . Jap bike , Jap wrench . I have a lot of snap on but $125 For a 3/8 ratchet is getting far away from my retirement income. I can buy Stanley and Dewatt at Wall Mart for $25 AND THEY ARE A DARN GOOD WRENCH . BUT When I worked on heavy equipment there are the times that Boney , Williams , And Snap On tools are the only ones that did not break on you when you were 30 miles from the nearest town.
Sears has a sale on now and they start a $50 to Sky is the limit . REMEMBER . "''ITS NOT EXPENSIVE < I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!"
OK got to get to the Airport , Wind is calming down ! Am I starting to sound like HILLARY or What :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All comments welcome , don't ever compare yourself to that Left-wing babbling goof / liar . Anyway , the recalibration of a deflecting beam is easy , no need to send it off somewhere if there is an issue with recal.. Everyone has their preferences in this world for one reason or another , whatever you choose , knock yourself out. Just passing along info for folks who are deflecting bean wrench types ( ME ). I'm looking for an operational inch pound range between 60 inch and 90 inch pounds . I don't recall seeing Craftsman deflecting beam inch pound wrench's ?.....I have had one of their deflecting beam foot pound wrench's for nearly 30 years.....still accurate.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Stanley, dewalt, black and decker, Mac, Proto and a few others are all made/owned by Stanley.
My Craftsman Foot pound ratchet torque wrench broke again. Still have my old needle foot pound so I'm using it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can not go wrong with what Senior Frog says .
If I recall correctly the directions that came with my Sears Beam type torque wrench said ( and I still have the wrench and the booklet they came with ) that it is accurate within 2 to 5 percent until the beam finally breaks and to recalibrate the beam type you just bend the pointer over to point at zero . I only had to do it a time or two because of abuse on my part because I had them in the tool box with other stuff piled on top of them . To do the Frog one better I have TWO of the sears beam torque wrenches a 1/2 and a 3/8 that I bought in 1965 to work on my Honda C110 LOL but who's counting . Just might have to look up Seekonk and see if they have a 1/4 incher .. I still like to feel and hear the click though.

Here is a link to sears 1/4 inchers . there are I believe 2 beam types but I think they only go to 60 inch pounds

UPDATE went to the link and found out there was 10 pages of torque wrenches . May be there are more beam torquers

http://www.sears.com/search=1/4 inch drive torque wrench inch pounds?catalogId=12605&storeId=10153&levels=Tools&autoRedirect=true&viewItems=25&redirectType=CAT_REC_PRED&s_tnt=57497:3:0&prop17=1/4 inch drive torque wrench inch pounds

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1965....that's my DOB ,just like me ,see how durable the deflecting beams are LOL. And yes ,they do have 1/4 drive .

·
Registered
231 Posts
And you call yourself a SENIOR ! My Kid is older than you LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts