TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had another wonderful year on our Desert 100 poker run near Odessa, WA on Saturday. It was wet. Rained the night before and there was a lot of mud. The terrain is usually sandy, but this year was a different story. Nonetheless, we had a great time.

Within the first two miles my Dad's chain fell off his TW. I guess it was my fault because I am the "mechanic". The chain was tight the night before so I don't know what happened. Out came the stock tools and he was on his way in about 20 minutes.

Like I said, the terrain was muddy which was fine, but the rocks and ruts are what got me. The rocks are very slippery when wet. My front tire would get into a rut and all would be fine until my rear tire would fall in. The ruts threw me around a bit.

My Dad fell over on an flat slightly uphill part. I laughed at him but karma kicked me in the butt because I crashed hard on a totally flat area. Damn sagebrush got in my way. Luckily, I was able to use my foot to push the bike up and I was on my way.

Total distance was 20 miles. It took us almost 3.5 hours to finish. We stopped to rest, peel off clothes, and get a yummy hot dog.

I spotted two TWs that were not riding together. Anyone here go? I didn't have a chance to talk because every time I catch up, I'd lose them at a check point.

Here is our route in green. The other colors are from the two previous years.

Taking a much needed rest.

My Dad in action.

And here is the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRHUeubgBZY&feature=email&email=comment_received[/media]

·
Registered
67 Posts
What kind of damage to the blinkers and mirrors does the TW take when dropping it on it's side?

Or was the bike modified for offroading heavily

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Another Rainmain Classic! I laugh so loud when I read/watch your posts. Looks like you all had a blast. I did notice your horn seems to work better than mine, giggle! Your horn toots (from your last race video and this one) are gonna have to become your signature, so from now on you will have to toot your horn in every video.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing, I love it!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of damage to the blinkers and mirrors does the TW take when dropping it on it's side?

Or was the bike modified for offroading heavily

The mirrors actually don't hit....the handlbars hit first. Thanks to our handguards, the mirrors don't sustain much damage. Don't get me wrong, I have smacked my mirrors, but its hard to do.

The rear blinkers are kind of protected by the rear Cyclerack. The Cyclerack has saved our butts.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another Rainmain Classic! I laugh so loud when I read/watch your posts. Looks like you all had a blast. I did notice your horn seems to work better than mine, giggle! Your horn toots (from your last race video and this one) are gonna have to become your signature, so from now on you will have to toot your horn in every video.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing, I love it!

Thanks for the kind words. That darn horn, it had to open its mouth again! I think you're right, I'll make sure it gets honked in my videos!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Rain, I hope you know I am living vicariously through your many adventures! Thanks for yet another great vid/ride report. Keep 'em coming! And I agree with Admiral, the horn Rocks!!

Can't wait to meet you and your Dad at the Res Ron-D-voo!

Bag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts