TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

So I just purchased a 2004 TW200 with a handful of miles on it and I'm hoping to turn into something the guys over at Deus Ex Machina would be proud of...

Only thing is, my knowledge is incredibly limited as this is my first bike and I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm looking to change it to match something like:

e5716c6bf8d2f64d51007a732e4a589e.jpg

I was first looking into tanks that would fit. I was eyeing the XS400 tank.

Does anyone have any advice for making my dream motorcycle. Even the smallest detail?

·
Registered
604 Posts
This website has almost if not all the mods to that bike.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts
Reactions: Jon62602

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Remove the rear wheel, then you can remove the airbox without cutting it into pieces. Remove all the plastics, reflectors, fender, seat, etc.

Order or fab electrical box, order antigravity 4 cell battery or similiar. Redo all wiring to fit in new electrical box under the seat.

Replace fender and seat with something less ugly.

Fab a tail tidy and remove the rear fender.

Replace turn signals.

Remove and replace front headlight and stay.

Throw a uni dual pod filter and crankcase breather on, use the original airbox boot to route air filter around coil spring.

Change bars, mirrors, levers.

Detab and paint frame.

Change exhaust to low mount street exhaust.

Its a lot of work, but nothing overly technical. It will definately get you familiar with the bike.

I just finished most of this, built a new harness also. Removed all safety switches, rear brake light switch, ignition and lock, etc.

Checkout the tuckroll seat and Daytona short fender on webike, those look nice on the TW.
Er, the final step ought to be put the rear wheel back on. :D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Up side down front forks aren't going to be cheap, w/triple clamps

·
Registered
796 Posts
I am pretty sure the bike is a Yamaha SR400 or bigger and they modified it to fit a TW rear wheel and swing arm. Try to buy used off a site its gonna be expensive otherwise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts