TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you guys running the DG series slip on use the quite core noise reducer? im wondering if it has a spark arrestor built into it? does it really take the dB down as low as they say? from about 96dB down to about 80-85dB. any power loss issues to report? any and all input needed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The spark arrester is built into the muffler itself, its the conular screen in the end. my quiet core made the sound go from neighbor irritating/window rattling to merely too loud for my tastes, but it works. if you decide to go that route, go buy a sheet of high temp gasket material and cut a donut for between the quiet core and the muffler end cap as the thingy provided is too thick, and without the quiet core will rattle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In addition, power was increased, by how much I don't know as at the time, i rejetted, lifted the needle with one washer, removed the air box nozzel, and finnaly drilled 4-3/4" holes in the air box cover right in front of the air clnr to get the performance I wanted.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In addition, power was increased, by how much I don't know as at the time, i rejetted, lifted the needle with one washer, removed the air box nozzel, and finnaly drilled 4-3/4" holes in the air box cover right in front of the air clnr to get the performance I wanted.
did you lose any low end power or power gained through out entire power range?

·
Registered
113 Posts
no power loss through out that i've noticed, i recently added a 15t front sprocket and it seems to have smoothed out the transition between gears when shifting. over all I am very happy with mods.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the DG oval, spark arrestor and 1" quite core. Very please with the results. Not much louder than stock. The only problem was the quiet core and spark arrestor together prevented the end cap from seating by about 1/8" or so. Lots of grinding with the dremmel on the spark arrestors washer followed by jb weld to hold it together. In retrospect, I should have just ground down the internal round core inside the can and left the spark arrestor alone--I think it would have been easier.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the DG oval, spark arrestor and 1" quite core. Very please with the results. Not much louder than stock. The only problem was the quiet core and spark arrestor together prevented the end cap from seating by about 1/8" or so. Lots of grinding with the dremmel on the spark arrestors washer followed by jb weld to hold it together. In retrospect, I should have just ground down the internal round core inside the can and left the spark arrestor alone--I think it would have been easier.

that little ring spacer should only be used when you don't use the spark arrestor, it should be end-cap, then insert, then spark arrestor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts