TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the DG R or O series exhaust (not sure what the difference is) on their TW's. Any opinions on it or other aftermarket slip on exhausts for the TW?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got a dg o series slip on pipe. the difference between the two is the o is oval and the r is round. I liked the oval look, so that's what I went with. I honestly couldn't be happier, it adds a very nice deep thump to the idle, and sounds great on the throttle. it's louder, but personally I don't think it's annoying. still tuning my carb, but I think it has more to do with the removal of my snorkel than the pipe, has a flat spot on acceleration, but it did that before the pipe. only thing that threw me when installing was that it literally just slipped on, there's no clamp. but I love the looks and sounds, and I'd totally recommend it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the r series, to me it seemed to fit the look of the bike better. Love the look and love the sound. I have the r series, cone filter, stock carb. Runs amazing for me. Here's how it looks on my bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
[/img]
[/img]Has anyone installed the DG R or O series exhaust (not sure what the difference is) on their TW's. Any opinions on it or other aftermarket slip on exhausts for the TW?

[/quote]

Here are a few links to look at. I have the oval with a ttr stainless header with the 1" quiet core and really like it. It is a little louder-deeper than the stock, but not offensive. No rust and looks nice too! I rejetted using a 130 main, five .010 washers under the needle and 2.5 turns on the pilot. It was way too lean without rejetting! Runs great, no lean surge, feels like 50 more cc--mostly due to the rejetting.

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/3573-after-market-exhaust-questions/page__p__33576__fromsearch__1#entry33576

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/2669-after-market-exhaust-dg-fmf/page__view__findpost__p__23988__fromsearch__1

·
Registered
54 Posts
when you say stock carb you mean you didn't rejet or do any mods after the exhaust and air filter?

yes, I was going to rejet, but it runs great and my spark plug looks fine (not lean or rich) so some other people I talked to that know bikes said that I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe the climate in nh? No idea. I also just put the pipe and filter on this spring, so well see how it is when it warms up and dries out some more, but at the moment (even rode it today) it's fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the DG O series slip on will fit a 2015 model TW? The only option under 2015 on their website is the new v2 which is more expensive, and I don't like the way it looks as much.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Blake, I don't own one, and I'm not sure if I'm even thinking of the same manufacturer, but one company, maybe this one, has two models. One oval and one round model. The oval one will fit according to past posts, but the round one can rub on the tire under a heavy load, so you wouldn't want the round one. Hope that helps.

And welcome to the forum!! :D

Does anyone know if the DG O series slip on will fit a 2015 model TW? The only option under 2015 on their website is the new v2 which is more expensive, and I don't like the way it looks as much.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
50.JPG hi Blake and welcome. I installed a dg this year and I really like it. I ordered it from procycle and I think the only choice from them on the dg, was the v2. the part that seemed way out of line was the cost of the silencer. and believe me you don't want to run without one. I think it looks good on our bikes

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I like the DG and I always run the oval and not the round (due to clearance issues with the round) they are quality built but very loud IMO. Lots of street riders like them to warn traffic they are around. The various "silencer" inserts help but the pipe is never going to be quiet by any means. I have a low mile 2013 TW with a mint DG -O pipe I'm probably going to sell (the pipe) and put the stock muffler back on

FMF PowerCore 4 pipes are another good option for the TW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts