TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a DG O-series muffler for my Tdub last season. Somehow my exhaust rattled loose and lost the tension on the springs and needless to say, I have approximately zero springs. I was wondering if anyone with a DG on their Tdub could give me a rough estimate on how long those springs are. I tried emailing DG multiple times but they haven't gotten back to me.

Thanks,
Mikey.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't own a tw currently, but had a similar occurrence with the stock exhaust on my 2008 grizzly 700... I had removed the header to wrap it with heat wrap, and shortly after that the springs holding the exhaust on, came loose, went to ace hardware and picked up new springs to have the same thing happen again, turns out the exhaust donut gasket was completely worn out, so just giving you a heads up... I'd personally recommend replacing the gasket where the 2 parts meet if it's a metal mesh type gasket... If it reuses the oem gasket, get a new oem gasket, I tried some aftermarket ones and none of them fit correctly

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I don't own a tw currently, but had a similar occurrence with the stock exhaust on my 2008 grizzly 700... I had removed the header to wrap it with heat wrap, and shortly after that the springs holding the exhaust on, came loose, went to ace hardware and picked up new springs to have the same thing happen again, turns out the exhaust donut gasket was completely worn out, so just giving you a heads up... I'd personally recommend replacing the gasket where the 2 parts meet if it's a metal mesh type gasket... If it reuses the oem gasket, get a new oem gasket, I tried some aftermarket ones and none of them fit correctly
The springs in question here actually hold the silencer to the pipe. There is no gasket and it comes that way from dg right out of the box. I'm surprised that they left since there is really no stress on that area, the pipe and silencer are both bolted to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JB. That was my problem though, the bolt came loose somehow and I looked back and my exhaust was hangingoff my bike haha. I put some locktite on it and its been good ever since but now I just need those springs. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.