TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, a guy here in Washington used to own a tw200, bought the pipe and put a few miles on it, feels bad for his neighbors, puts it on Craigslist for 150, pretty much brand new.

For those of you with the DGv2... are you using quiet inserts? Which ones are you using? How do the insert overall volume levels compare to the stock muffler?

·
Registered
892 Posts
The 1.25 insert works great. If your neighbor has a problem with any volume generated by a TW, you do not need exhaust work, but rather the neighbor needs a sex change. I got tired of the factory exhaust that hums along with Air Supply. DG lets you rage with the voice of Black Sabbath. It is not louder, just different and better. You will not go faster. You will sound like you are going faster. It is an excuse to get a Japanese part off your bike and put a U.S.A. made part on it. Buy it. Richen it up a little bit. She will go a bit lean on you. I am 600 feet above sea level. Flex Jet to the recue. Another U.S.A. part on the bike. It is wintertime and you have TW. Embrace it.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1.25 insert works great. If your neighbor has a problem with any volume generated by a TW, you do not need exhaust work, but rather the neighbor needs a sex change. I got tired of the factory exhaust that hums along with Air Supply. DG lets you rage with the voice of Black Sabbath. It is not louder, just different and better. You will not go faster. You will sound like you are going faster. It is an excuse to get a Japanese part off your bike and put a U.S.A. made part on it. Buy it. Richen it up a little bit. She will go a bit lean on you. I am 600 feet above sea level. Flex Jet to the recue. Another U.S.A. part on the bike. It is wintertime and you have TW. Embrace it.
This muffler saw 10 miles before being retired, I know inside it's thinking:

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads,
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge...

This little iron man will have his revenge on my bike... lets rage.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think the one inch insert is for a different version, not the V2. I may be wrong and by all means check it out. I think it can be cobbled to fit and thrive, bit for the v2 I am positive the 1.25 inch is made to order. Either way, the guy is giving this thing away. When men hear the roar of that bike coming down the road or the trail they will know who and what you are. They will envy that you ripped open your wife's purse and got your nuts back out. That DGv2 will give you so much low end snap that you will sneeze on the throttle and the front wheel goes up and the panties drop. Get the exhaust TWBigBlake. You can do this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have a tracking number... and strange things have started happening, my porch is full of hotel room keys, wood started chopping itself in my backyard, and I grew a full mustache... in an hour.

·
Registered
892 Posts
You put that DG on that bike you get out there and you will be burning gas and slapping ass. With a DG on that bike you are off to he woods with your buddy's sister with esteem issues on the back. With stock exhaust you are on the back of the bike while your Uncle Ned is taking you to the hunting blind to molest you again. 'Atta boy TWBigBlake.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I hope nothing that I do here goes on my permanent record. This forum is done soon unless this format changes. I hope I did not offend anyone who still runs stock exhaust. I know...love means never having to say you are sorry. To the powers that be, do not blame any of this on TWBigBlake. It was all me. Besides, with the gray blobs cutting everything out nobody can read anything anyway.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
i found the bare DG drove me nuts and the insert was too quiet, so i moded the insert to get the tone and volume of noise that made me happy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I hope nothing that I do here goes on my permanent record. This forum is done soon unless this format changes. I hope I did not offend anyone who still runs stock exhaust. I know...love means never having to say you are sorry. To the powers that be, do not blame any of this on TWBigBlake. It was all me. Besides, with the gray blobs cutting everything out nobody can read anything anyway.
we can all read it, i think the grey blob maybe in your head

·
Registered
62 Posts
1.25" is perfect in my opinion. A little louder and of course beefier than stock but far from obnoxious. I get more bike people oogling when I start it up than the other way around.

I won't derail the thread any farther, but I've never actually seen the grey blobs being mentioned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I forgot which size this is(1.25"???), but as you can see, i ended up putting some additional holes. Compared to the stock DG, what a world of difference! I still pull away from the house early in the morning with a light touch, in consideration for my neighbors

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure what's up... but I got the pipe today... and the bolt holes were off by about an inch, I was able to get the rear muffler tab lined up under the seat and bolted in, but the mid-pipe bolt (guess the DGv2 is supposed to include a new 10mm bolt) is off by a little bit, was still able to get it installed and locked on tight, would just rather have more support for the muffler and pipe than less.

Sounds amazing, sounds faster, was so cold outside... slow and fast all felt numb, will have to thaw and wait until spring to consult face dyno.

Very happy with the new pipe. A few small mods and it'll be all set.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts