TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drive sprocket was the original changed long ago. The driven sprocket was changed today. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Damn. Now I have to go double check mine......

Tom

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was the original sprocket aluminum or steel? The old one was aluminum right under 2oz. The new steel one was 12+oz. A big difference in weight. Maybe all the missing teeth lightened it up making it a race sprocket.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front sprocket was fine, o-ring chain already. I'm not sure if that was the original rear sprocket or I had changed it. I think it had over 20000 miles on it at least. I don't think cleaning would have made it last much longer. I just squirt PJ1 chain lube and keep going. I change the worn part as needed. Chains wear the quickest followed by front sprockets and the rear sprocket lasts way longer than both.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Do what others I have seen do, clean them both up and list them on Ebay for more than the cost of new ones.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
The drive sprocket was the original changed long ago. The driven sprocket was changed today. What do you think?

There are probably some riders on the forum here who have no idea about chains and sprockets. Thanks for taking the time to post these photos. There is no doubt someone will learn something from these photos for them to compare with their own.

P.S. For some reason I'm drawn to your tools and approve their use!:p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Checked my sprockets... both look good as new. So I put a nice O-ring chain on them, as suggested by you guys. I was amazed at how stiff the new chain was. It's reaaly nice how the lubrication is kept in and the dirt kept out. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow Ken you definitely got your money's worth out of that one.. You should make a cool clock for the shop out of the rear one .

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
20,000 miles... you did real good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts