·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Outside a Walmart in KS

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Good product for low speed scooters. I had considered one of these for my dogs but I plan on building a small, enclosed trailer so I can drive at higher speeds without worrying about leaving them behind. Just need to get a pipe bender.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The poor kid who rides in there will die of carbon monoxide poisoning by the time he gets home if the wheels don't fall off first. Those things are not meant for riding on the roads at 40+mph-it's for a bicycle. Maybe it's only meant for groceries, but still not very safe and probably illegal for the streets used that way.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
mrlmd is right, the wheel bearings on bicycles are not nearly robust enough for sustained towing at speed. One of my students found that out the hard way when his hooped-up motorized bicycle front bearings disintegrated at 55mph. He'll survive, but the crash cost him a semester.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have one of those trailers and have been tempted to pull it behind the TW as my 3 year old son loves riding on the TW and in the trailer behind a bicycle... BUT, as already stated, it's not really safe or meant to be... and I know my neighbors would freak out and turn me in...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have one of those trailers and have been tempted to pull it behind the TW as my 3 year old son loves riding on the TW and in the trailer behind a bicycle... BUT, as already stated, it's not really safe or meant to be... and I know my neighbors would freak out and turn me in...

It might be fun to build a little sturdier one to haul someone around on gravel roads or around a camp site.

·
Registered
908 Posts
It might be fun to build a little sturdier one to haul someone around on gravel roads or around a camp site.

Thats a good idea B!

We should do that for the Massive Camping Trip this year! Speaking of that, I should post an invitation to everyone on here... I'll start a thread soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts