TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know that if you get in water deep enough, the TW will just about float? I found out Fri. doing a little after work wandering down an old railroad bed. Should have had me camera! Water was over my knees and the TW quit. When I started to drag it out, I noticed a strong smell of gas. Had to hold the throttle open and crank about 15 sec. to get it started. Flooded for sure. I found this tech tip and I am ready to try doing the submarine again when I get the chance. I'll let everyone know if it works, or don't. I'll have my camera this time! Tech Tip

·
Registered
470 Posts
I sought out some water crossings this past weekend, and one was deep enough that my feet were fully submerged and the TW ran perfectly. I have done the vent mod.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Admiral swamped his boat?

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Yep. I've learn't my Lizrdbrth lesson the hard way!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
After the first NorCal group ride, I did this modification. Several bikes, mine included, did the spit and sputter thang while crossing Cashe Creek. It has been to dry here in the arid west to test the mod since. There is little chance of testing it on this weekends long awaited Cow Mnt ride. We will see!!

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts