TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 with 295 miles. NOS tank. New petcock. clean (strained)gas). Rebuilt carb. Sprayed carb cleaner through every orifice and hole I could find.

Starts and idles. When I twist the throttle is bogs down and dies.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Remove the pilot jet and thoroughly clean OR replace. Add a double dose of Seafoam to fresh gas and run for 15 minutes. Let sit overnight and run again with the fuel mixture. Repeat for a week and let us know how it works. You're welcome.:D

P.S.- I had the same issue with mine, worked like a charm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the pilot jet and thoroughly clean OR replace. Add a double dose of Seafoam to fresh gas and run for 15 minutes. Let sit overnight and run again with the fuel mixture. Repeat for a week and let us know how it works. You're welcome.:D

P.S.- I had the same issue with mine, worked like a charm.
Jets new. Came with kit.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It sounds to me like you may have lost your main nozzle when the carb was apart. It's the silver bushing looking thing in the carb parts pics. Without it it messes up your fuel delivery when using the main jet... giving it throttle. The bike may run at idle, because it is using the pilot circuit at that point. Give it throttle and the main circuit kicks in, and without the parts in the right places, it pukes and dies. It is a very easy part to loose when disassembling the carb, and it's happened to many of us.

ITEM #12; PART #5LB-14341-00-00; MAIN NOZZLE (or the little silver bushing)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The main nozzle is in place, but I did not change it. I have the carb off again, I will R and R.

It sounds to me like you may have lost your main nozzle when the carb was apart. It's the silver bushing looking thing in the carb parts pics. Without it it messes up your fuel delivery when using the main jet... giving it throttle. The bike may run at idle, because it is using the pilot circuit at that point. Give it throttle and the main circuit kicks in, and without the parts in the right places, it pukes and dies. It is a very easy part to loose when disassembling the carb, and it's happened to many of us.

ITEM #12; PART #5LB-14341-00-00; MAIN NOZZLE (or the little silver bushing)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Puled carb. Pulled pulled mixture screw (did not replace before because I forgot), there was no washer, just flat O-ring). Installed new mixture screw, washer and O-ring. Ran all the way in and backed out 2.5. pulled Main jet nozzle and replaced with new. Reinstalled holder and main jet. Fought the carb back into place. Started right up and it no longer dies.

Now I have to wait until the replacement for my new battery comes in.

Now on to the next issue, clutch not engaging (or is that disengaging?). I will read the forums about that and start a new thread if needed.

Thanks everyone.

Open the idle mixture screw another turn and make sure the hole in the pilot jet is clear.

View attachment 85489

·
Registered
287 Posts
Again pilot jet. The hole is tiny and easily clogs. My daughters Yamaha quad kept getting plugged with the tiniest of dust particles till I fully cleaned the float bowl and gas tank, then installed a fuel filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
This thread may have just saved me a ton of headache! After our poor 09' has sat for 2.5years with no battery, and a known bad needle/seat in the float bowl:
I pulled the carb down for a quick clean, which turned in to a not so quick clean after i discovered the pilot jet to be plugged solid. Reassembled with clean jets, and new needle/seat.
Only to find it will barely run. And will absolutely not take throttle. Unless you somehow get it up on the main-jet, where it runs terrible, popping and sputtering.
I was thinking plugged up carb, acid bath? perhaps new carb. I jumped on the forum here to poke around a bit about these carbs.
Find this thread right away.......
where somebody mentions the main jet nozzle! (with pic and everystuff!) What?! I never saw that part? pulled carb back down, and sure enough: that bugger is MIA!
Time to go scour the garage floor!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This thread may have just saved me a ton of headache! After our poor 09' has sat for 2.5years with no battery, and a known bad needle/seat in the float bowl:
I pulled the carb down for a quick clean, which turned in to a not so quick clean after i discovered the pilot jet to be plugged solid. Reassembled with clean jets, and new needle/seat.
Only to find it will barely run. And will absolutely not take throttle. Unless you somehow get it up on the main-jet, where it runs terrible, popping and sputtering.
I was thinking plugged up carb, acid bath? perhaps new carb. I jumped on the forum here to poke around a bit about these carbs.
Find this thread right away.......
where somebody mentions the main jet nozzle! (with pic and everystuff!) What?! I never saw that part? pulled carb back down, and sure enough: that bugger is MIA!
Time to go scour the garage floor!
I have my old jets if you need them, let me know where to send them. I bough the kit, and that came with new jets. I blew carb cleaner through them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my old jets if you need them, let me know where to send them. I bough the kit, and that came with new jets. I blew carb cleaner through them.
My jets are fine (after I finally got the pilot cleaned out).
My problem is that I sometime along the way dropped and lost the main-jet/needle "nozzle".
The wife just ordered one up for us off Amazon.
Thank you very kindly for the offer though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My jets are fine (after I finally got the pilot cleaned out).
My problem is that I sometime along the way dropped and lost the main-jet/needle "nozzle".
The wife just ordered one up for us off Amazon.
Thank you very kindly for the offer though!
No problem. I have the old nozzle as well.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Nice gesture from a fairly new member... with a good heart. :)

:hatsoff:

No problem. I have the old nozzle as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts