TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My TW will not run the moment I shift into gear. I assume this means the ignition relay is on strike. (This is the one that doesn't click when you turn the key on which is the starter relay and located in the side compartment with the CDI unit.) as I try to trouble shoot this, I think I can bypass it by tying the blue and brown together, as the blue is no longer grounded. This is similar to the side stand bypass which I did years ago by tying the two leads together. Of course, I would have to disconnect them to get it to stop, or put a switch on it, until I get my hands on another relay. And heat it, them bugger the case open to see if there are any serviceable parts inside. Any reason not to do this? --Dell.

Registered
Clutch not dragging?
Does it lurch and die or just die?

Registered
I'm with Ken.

I had this same issue: it started up fine in neutral, then died when I shifted in to first.

I discovered my kickstand switch was unplugged, so I plugged it back in, and away I went!

EDIT: I just saw that you bypassed the kickstand switch years ago. Maybe go back and look that part over? :dontknow:

Registered
I see on the threads lots of safety switches permanently disabled. I am definitely not Mr Safety but all it takes is a good sharp left hand turn with the kickstand down and you will be pole vaulted on a high side crash. Your kickstand switch is to prevent this.. Please be careful all.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
No lurching into gear or stalling in anyway. Kickstand in any position, but I fixed this with a little piece of aluminum bent in a U. Enjoy if you want, but I sure am happier not to have it. I did get it to run eventually. Thanks! But this is suddenly simple compared to what happened once it ran....see my next cry for help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts