TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am new to this forum. I would like to share my garage experience with you (hope I would not be killed for what I have done to a scrap TW frame). I mounted a 418 cc 6.5 kW chinese diesel engine with a Comet 40 CVT and 2 jack shafts to a TW frame. Result: Still early days but I am very exited with this combination, first 150 km trip at around 75 km/hr give over 70 km/litre. top speed 105 km/hr and still engine revs left. please let me know your comments. regards from South Africa.
Schalk

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’d like to see pics of that too. Maybe even a video. You’ll fit in well here, thinking outside the box like that.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I bet that’s torquey. Thanks for sharing. Can you ride that on the streets/roads where you live? Lots of ingenuity going on there. Cheers

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the response, cannot get the video uploaded, will get some help to do it but have done 2 photos
Regards
Ok, this can be done and we can't shoehorn a 350 in a tdub frame? Man i wish i had more time. Anyhow, amazing work. Thanks for sharing. I love anything diesel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
explanation

Hi All
Thanks for interest in my TW. My plan is to roadworthy the bike but I first have to finish all pulley guards, get wiring 100% and do some painting. I want to do LED lights but cannot afford it now, currently I would not drive at night because battery would die on me.
I mounted a Honda 14 litre tank (expected range 800+ km) and seat from XT550 cut to half length and headlight also from XT550. I did very little cutting of frame and swingarm still origanal.
Regards

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
It looks good, but I am not sure about mixing the Honda Red with the Yamaha Blue.

What is the weight?
How big is the fuel tank? At 70 km/L or 1.43 L/100km or 165 mpg you got yourself a long distance cruiser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TW Diesel

Rear suspension intact- used2 jack shafts, engine to jackshaft1 is the CVT, js1 to js2 is chaindriven with 12 tooth sprocket on js1 and a 14 tooth sprocket on js2. When changing sprockets around(which can be done in 5 minutes) I have low range for offroad.
Thanks to the forum I can now tackle some other restoration issues. I have done the swingarm bushes on my own but it took me 2 days to find a solution, it was worn to pieces.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sounds and smokes like a diesel.
Great job, just make sure you cover up all those belts and fans so you don;t get caught in them.
70km/L x 14L tank = 980 km range, (609 miles) pretty impressive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts