TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, obvious new guy here, but I was looking for OEM parts and found out there is a 2013 TW200D1 and a D1C model. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference, and how would I found out which model I bought? The dealer never mentioned the option between the two.

Pairodocs

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would think the D1C model is the one made for California to adhere to their smog regulations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
TW200D1 is the 49 State model, and TW200D1C is the California legal model (in addition to the other 49 States.)

TW200D1C model includes the California canister as shown on page 7-12 of owner's manual.

If your bike has the canister, it is a all-50 State model.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If its like my 1997, it also has a bunch of stickers saying California all over it. Honestly, I quite like the differences with the CA model, and haven't had any problems. The charcoal canister also means you've got a great place to mount a lizrd cooler!
Honestly, I even secretly like the canister.

The differences between the models amount to the carb (extra vent line running to the charcoal canister) and the gas tank (vent line, again to the canister); and the mounting tabs on the front-facing frame downtube where the canister mounts. Also, a loop down by the starter where the canister vent-out hose goes. Otherwise, I don't think there is anything else that really differs. Oh, and the goofy stickers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts