TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 cylinders for future use and was looking at them today. I noticed one, I think the one advertised for an XT200, has an air passage or vent between the cam chain and the cylinder. The other, and I have no recollection what is was advertised for, doesn't have that airway. The cylinders are basically the same in all other respect that I can see (so far) and I am positive both will work on the TW engine.

If anyone has knowledge of this, the pros and cons, please enlighten me.

PB100033a.jpg

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Brian -- I looked at my ebay purchase history and it was advertised as an" '82 '83 XT200 cylinder." 20 bucks including shipping so no big investment. I am real sure it will work on the TW. I only wonder if it can be honed to 70mm.

HoleCleaned.jpg

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Brian -- I looked at my ebay purchase history and it was advertised as an" '82 '83 XT200 cylinder." 20 bucks including shipping so no big investment. I am real sure it will work on the TW. I only wonder if it can be honed to 70mm.

View attachment 103778
This cylinder should make one of your bikes even faster - better cooling, less weight, less air resistance. We look forward to your new TW land speed record :cool:!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Brian -- I looked at my ebay purchase history and it was advertised as an" '82 '83 XT200 cylinder." 20 bucks including shipping so no big investment. I am real sure it will work on the TW. I only wonder if it can be honed to 70mm
Hello,
Sorry for my translation...
I have not yet seen this form of cylinder, It is a special edition, I know just these ...!
20170521_211005.jpg

Yes the cylinder of 200 XT TW; can Rebuilding cylinder (Boring) to Max 70mm

Joint embase & alésage carter.jpg

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,

I have not yet seen this form of cylinder, It is a special edition, I know just these ...!

Yes the cylinder of 200 XT TW; can Rebuilding cylinder (Boring) to Max 70mm
Just for the fun of it I did an ebay search for "XT200 cylinder" and several cylinders with the air vent showed up -- all were 1982 or 1983.

Thanks for the info on boring to 70mm. I hope there is enough metal by the vent so it doesn't break.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just for the fun of it I did an ebay search for "XT200 cylinder" and several cylinders with the air vent showed up -- all were 1982 or 1983.
Exactly, I have seen this too, it would be a limited series in the year 1982/83 ?

Thanks for the info on boring to 70mm. I hope there is enough metal by the vent so it doesn't break.
Hello,
The boring centering must be perfect, as it will remain +/- 1.5 mm thickness sleeve...
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
I did a bore test on a cylinder block of the TW125.
Boring to place the sleeve;
Of the SR185 ---> OK
Of TW200 ----> OK
Of XT225 ----> KO, Not good ...! .. there are holes

DVC00793.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts