TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new Carb from partzilla and it was back-ordered. Now they are about to ship it out but they replaced it with a 2000 CA model (I have a Non-CA 89 Model but there email says replacement under new Carb coding). Is there anything I should be concerned about? I understand the CA ones have a vapor canister but by the looks of it they are not sold as a Carb part and the piping for the canister isn't sold in the Carb assembly.
Does that effect the carb at all without it on? Or is it one of those things that the normal Carbs vent out into the surrounding air and us Non-CA could care less?

Suppose to be this
This is what they are sending me

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what the Diagram is showing me.

carb.jpg

By the looks of it everything is the same except for the addition canister piping that I can buy. Anyone one have idea if that's correct? Also just got to 100 posts! Thou I got nothing on Qwerty or anyone of that caliber.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got it in and it looks the same except for the new choke plunger graphic (mine just said choke). My next question since I have only rebuilt the same original 89 carb in the past, is there anything I need to do to prep the new carb? Should it just mount up and fire up?
I have to say I have never seen such a clean carb in my whole life....strangely smelled clean too. Unmolested by gasoline or varnish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can you wait and get a NON California Model ?? Always jetted too lean Remember Fienstien . Polloszi . Boxer all come from California . NOTHING good comes out of there. One of the reasons I left the state

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you wait and get a NON California Model ?? Always jetted too lean Remember Fienstien . Polloszi . Boxer all come from California . NOTHING good comes out of there. One of the reasons I left the state
Lol, I wish. If someone could tell me a key difference in them I would send it back but this part was listed as a replacement part for the 89 Non-Ca one I ordered (i didn't choose it but it was automatically swapped). So I can assume partzilla knows their parts.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
From looking at your two diagrams, it looks like the Cal carb has a loop trap on the overflow and the Normal carb does not. The loop trap is attached down low by the skid plate. A Cal carb has a hose going to a vapor canister. The Normal carb probably has that port caped off. It is my understanding that Cal carbs are jetted one jet leaner than Normal carbs. If I were in your situation, depending on your elevation, just rejet if you are at low elevation and leave it as is for higher elevation. Regardless, remove the plug on the bottom and open the pilot jet a little bit. There really is nothing wrong with a Cal. carb, just jetted and vented a little differently.

Joemama

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I quess I had that backwords. In that case I would be happy with what was delivered. Still open the pilot jet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From looking at your two diagrams, it looks like the Cal carb has a loop trap on the overflow and the Normal carb does not. The loop trap is attached down low by the skid plate. A Cal carb has a hose going to a vapor canister. The Normal carb probably has that port caped off. It is my understanding that Cal carbs are jetted one jet leaner than Normal carbs. If I were in your situation, depending on your elevation, just rejet if you are at low elevation and leave it as is for higher elevation. Regardless, remove the plug on the bottom and open the pilot jet a little bit. There really is nothing wrong with a Cal. carb, just jetted and vented a little differently.

Joemama
The normal Carbs have a hose coming out of the overflow too but they don't go anywhere but in between the swing arm. So it doesn't get caped off. This CA Carb I got doesn't come with the Vapor Canistor parts/hoses making it just a normal carb. So that overflow line too would get put between the swing-arm. If that's what I have gathered so far.

Are you guys saying the CA jets are different compared to Non-CA on the New Style Carbs or the Old style? or Both? After looking up the jet sizes they are the same in the old style (2000 and below)...according to the diagram part listing.
* Pilot jet 40
**Main 114
Here is the Direct Link To The 89
And the 2000 CA -Model
They are both listed under part# 11 and part# 14
I am just trying to cover my ass right before sandwich that bad boy between my legs and fire it up. So let me know if I am wrong yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I say go for it Poopy on Fienstien
after looking at both on partszilla I can see nothing to stop you
anyway I would if it was mine

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I say go for it Poopy on Fienstien
after looking at both on partszilla I can see nothing to stop you
anyway I would if it was mine
Aye, that's my feeling. Below is what it looks like. Looks like partzilla hooked me up with the right bottom vent line . Cause its supposedly different since its listed as a separate part# in the CA model.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I thin k they do the part number thing to fool The EPA Also they lean the air mixture to do the decrease smog thingy . Then they put the "SEAL" on the Mix screw . Change the Air screwed setting and you change the carb Part number :eek:
Now to do a complete rebuild of that new Carb You Will BE REMOVING the SEAL CAP to do A rebuild Before installing it on the bike CORRECT ???:friendly_wink: Now don't forger to reinstall that cap/seal unless you should lose it or the dog eats it . I am going with the dog eat it

Aye, that's my feeling. Below is what it looks like. Looks like partzilla hooked me up with the right bottom vent line . Cause its supposedly different since its listed as a separate part# in the CA model.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I stand by my original Quote Quote Originally Posted by greenbomb View Post

Remember Fienstien . Polloszi . Boxer all come from California

Barbra Boxer is senator from California. Nancy Polosi is congress woman of California's 12th District
Remember when she got the new jet because the old one did not carry enough fuel to get from CA to Wash DC nonstop .
The people of Ca were pissed off already about her flying back and forth to Dc , sometimes twice a week on the tax payers dollar and the new jet pushed them over the edge . headlines were" They Took the Witches Jet away " Polosi was born in New Jersy Boxer was born in new york

Feinstein is CA. Pellosi and Boxer came from NY and I wish they would go back there.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Feinstein is CA. Pellosi and Boxer came from NY and I wish they would go back there.
Thanks ELIME! How about we send all three to the middle east where they can live under Sharia Law and take Hillary with them!

GaryL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts