TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
I bet my neighborhood cougar would like to have din din with those dear. One was shot and dumped about a mile from here last week and I was hoping that was the Cougar making my dogs nervous occasionally. However a walk yesterday revealed many somewhat fresh cougar tracks just uphill from me. Either these tracks are old or another Ghost Cat is on the prowl.

Lots of tender young mule deer around

This injured youngster was in the front yard of a friends house for Sunday's playoff games, likely will not last long.:(

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet my neighborhood cougar would like to have din din with those dear. One was shot and dumped about a mile from here last week and I was hoping that was the Cougar making my dogs nervous occasionally. However a walk yesterday revealed many somewhat fresh cougar tracks just uphill from me. Either these tracks are old or another Ghost Cat is on the prowl.

Lots of tender young mule deer around

This injured youngster was in the front yard of a friends house for Sunday's playoff games, likely will not last long.:(
I saw this on Facebook from the Idaho Recreation Council (IRC Council) but I'm not sure how to post video's or link a facebook video. It is of 3 junvinile Killer Mountain Cougar's who wander onto a person's porch. It is very cool and hope folks can view it.

https://www.facebook.com/xtremeidaho/videos/542821082560370/

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
our friend and neighbour rescued a fawn. it never left, and now lives with her and her horses. it's been about 12 years now

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
People that tame deer piss me off. Makes poachers' jobs way too easy...The deer associate house with food and f-ck up my garden...The list can go on. I love deer, I just prefer them viewed through my scope or with my recurve 10 miles from the nearest paved road.
With some fava beans and a nice chianti.....

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I had a pack of deer that I fed well for the last 4 years. Now I have very few deer but a well fed pack of Coyotes.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Apparently I am feeding a bear . This is what happens when I leave the finch's thistle seed container outside overnight.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
And the Misses has me taking fruit and veggie scraps to a remote feeding site for these kids

No wonder the ghost cats come by looking for a tender easy meal
l.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts