TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I attended this year's Dirt Bag Challenge today - Build a custom bike in 30 days for less than $1,000 that can survive a 100 mile loop, eat burgers and hotdogs, drink beer, listen to bad bands, watch burnouts and see weirdos.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_0581.JPG

Here was my favorite. A Moto Guzzi pusher trike with Tiki hood ornament.

IMG_0588.JPG

Here's alternative if you don't like your TW seat.

IMG_0599.JPG

Blue smoke burnout.

IMG_0644.JPG

And a new use for electrical tape (San Francisco residents never cease to amaze me!).

IMG_0633.JPG

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Brian, you really hang out with some interesting characters. Where is your TW and innovative tape work?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey TW-Brian; isn't SF great, my wife and I will be there for the cirqu du sole show next week. We love the farmers market at the ferry bldg. we take Bart and make a day out of it. Best of all "commercial crab season opened Saturday " I hear the pots are packed w/ 2# ers. You can reserve live crab at pillar point docks @ around $5 a lb.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Full disclosure: My mind is a wasteland. If you replaced the word "bike" with "ride" then the centerpiece of the last picture could do everything required in the "dirt bag challenge" including eating and drinking.
Lord please forgive me.

Tom

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian, you really hang out with some interesting characters. Where is your TW and innovative tape work?
Sorry Fred, no tape, no tats, no piercings. I didn't exactly fit in with the rest of the crowd :D!

Here are the only two TW's that were there (I drove ;)). This is my son Matt's.

IMG_0649.JPG

And another hollow mod TW.

IMG_0651.JPG

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full disclosure: My mind is a wasteland. If you replaced the word "bike" with "ride" then the centerpiece of the last picture could do everything required in the "dirt bag challenge" including eating and drinking.
Lord please forgive me.

Tom
. . . . and still have plenty left over to buy a pretty nice used TW!

(now I need forgiveness . . . )

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
I like polished or chromed swing arm of Mini-Brian's Hollow Mod plus many other details. Sweet.
Tom,Brian I grant you guys absolution and forgiveness ( did I tell you I was a Franciscan monk for halloween?) I would pass on the centerpiece from the wasteland though. I know she is wholesome with her bottle of Snapple, but not my style. May have nightmares tonight.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I like polished or chromed swing arm of Mini-Brian's Hollow Mod plus many other details. Sweet.
Tom,Brian I grant you guys absolution and forgiveness ( did I tell you I was a Franciscan monk for halloween?) I would pass on the centerpiece from the wasteland though. I know she is wholesome with her bottle of Snapple, but not my style. May have nightmares tonight.
Oh you will BEG to see that princess again if you check out the pic Borneo posted in Hoots getting healthy thread! MOOBS no!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Tom, you warned me and I looked anyways...Ugh. Think I'll go hug my pretty wife with her classic beauty.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I tried. Guess you are no roads scholar.

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Borneo don't even think about it!

Tom

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Cool pics, TW-Brian! A coworker was just telling me about the Dirtbag, Friday - I'd not heard about it before...

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
When did tattoo's become so popular?:D

TW-Brian, your TW's ended up looking way to clean with way to much of a nice paint job...and clean. I love the oil drops under the engine in the first picture. Classic!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts