TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
277 Posts
Aww shucks, you definitely set the hook...

All right, all right, all riiiight...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Definitely typo. Lazy editor.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sue 'em for false advertisement and force them to "Build It and They Will Come!"
I know, I know, it wasn't Yamaha's false advertisement.
But then, I kinda like the T-Dub just as it is. Except, I would like to see;

A seven speed transmission with an even lower 1st gear, and a 7th overdrive about 15% higher than the old 5th (what becomes 6th) is now.
2.5"-3" more length in the front wires and cables for those of us that like to raise the bars.
As always, keep a kick starter on the thing!
A flat seat that isn't sloped to the front.
About a 25mm larger front disc.
A rear disk brake.

And, closed loop, non-sequential fuel injection. :);)

Marty

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
2021 tw200
3 Posts
Sue 'em for false advertisement and force them to "Build It and They Will Come!"

A seven speed transmission with an even lower 1st gear, and a 7th overdrive about 15% higher than the old 5th (what becomes 6th) is now.
2.5"-3" more length in the front wires and cables for those of us that like to raise the bars.
A rear disk brake.

Marty

A rear disk brake.

Marty
...and don’t forget tubeless tires

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are you sure that's not a 300?🤔 Even the Cylinder & Head does look a bit larger than a stock TW200! hahaha, yeah right!! How that would be so awesome if that was so, or a 300cc optional engine that would easily slip in to our stock frames👍

·
Registered
245 Posts
Was just wondering if any of the engineering and MBA business pros on here had an opinion. What would it actually cost for a company to build a new motorcycle based on the TW 200 but with, say, a 350 cc engine. Let’s just say Yamaha gave them the license to do it and they have to buy all the tooling from scratch. A TW350. Any opinions? For reference, I read Ford spent $100 million to retool its production for the new Bronco. Anyone with this type of experience have an informed opinion?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What is California Scooter Company got the licensed parts and assembled them in California?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
245 Posts
What is California Scooter Company got the licensed parts and assembled them in California?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
This is good thinking! Let's get it made here. I'd then have much to "discuss" at the next bar hop with any Harley rider who snickers at my bike. P

1 - 17 of 17 Posts