TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,036 Posts
That sucks. Probably the same crap that block the roads, freeways, taunt drivers and get laws passed that affect all motorcyclists because of their illegal actions and stupidity. They get caught and bikes get confiscated. They now steal bikes to do their illegal activities so they just don't care. They probably don't have jobs and play video games all day in their moms' basement. At night they ride stolen motorcycles and cause neighborhood chaos.

· Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
890 Posts
Ok, that sucks, but there are definitely better ways to harden a building with that much valuable inventory inside.

Think horizontal rolling steel security doors, or accordion cage gates, at the least. That should have been done after the 1st theft.

Glass paned doors & windows are clearly no obstacle to 5-finger inventory reductions.

· Registered
2022 TW200
293 Posts
Ok, that sucks, but there are definitely better ways to harden a building with that much valuable inventory inside.

Think horizontal rolling steel security doors, or accordion cage gates, at the least. That should have been done after the 1st theft.

Glass paned doors & windows are clearly no obstacle to 5-finger inventory reductions.
I think spending a few nights on the roof with a rifle would work too. Nothing like a few hanging bodies on a light pole to detract would be thieves. 🤷‍♂️ JMHO.

· Registered
2019 Tw200
96 Posts

Yes but we shouldn't have to lock our shit!

· Registered
4,036 Posts
I have been noticing that the criminals now have the freedom. Instead of locking up or executing, getting rid of the problem. Our schools are locked up with fences, bullet proof glass and you have to be in this controlled camera area if you are legal. The criminals run around and aren't concerned about any of this at all. The houses towns and other safe areas are like this also.

· Premium Member
286 Posts
I am not opposed, but the only reason to shoot another person, is if I feel that my life, my family’s life, or bystanders lives are in danger. I would not shoot a person for stealing any of my stuff, that’s why I have insurance. Even if you are right in shooting someone, your life will change for the worse forever, and it’ll be expensive. I carry CCW insurance for this reason.

· Premium Member
4,813 Posts
I would not shoot a person for stealing any of my stuff, that’s why I have insurance.
Hell, I would. I've posted the warning signs at the gate. Someone so devalues their own life to proceed then that's hardly my fault. I presume they have intent to harm me after the warning and not just after my stuff.

Even if you are right in shooting someone, your life will change for the worse forever, and it’ll be expensive.
I'll take that chance. Every time. The other option is risking death. Talk about changing your life forever...

· Premium Member
286 Posts
I'll take that chance. Every time. The other option is risking death. Talk about changing your life forever...
I would too. Hopefully after 3 tours in Iraq, 2 tours in Afghanistan and 2 tours in Africa, my killing days are over.

· Registered
2022 TW200
293 Posts
I am not opposed, but the only reason to shoot another person, is if I feel that my life, my family’s life, or bystanders lives are in danger. I would not shoot a person for stealing any of my stuff, that’s why I have insurance. Even if you are right in shooting someone, your life will change for the worse forever, and it’ll be expensive. I carry CCW insurance for this reason.
True

· Registered
4,320 Posts
I think spending a few nights on the roof with a rifle would work too. Nothing like a few hanging bodies on a light pole to detract would be thieves. 🤷‍♂️ JMHO.
Tempting but using a firearm for defending property crimes you’ll end up with a federal firearms beef sad to say

· Registered
1,486 Posts
I hate thieves. Check out this piece of work in Portland, OR

· Registered
2,334 Posts
I don't want to pile on against your sentiments. I just want to say that I am not insured.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts