Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Touratech-Dirt Daze 2019 Dates & Location

Soooo, they really did break-away from Americade & NY state altogether. New name & co-sponsor too.

August 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2019
South Pomfret, Vermont
Suicide Six Recreational Area

I think separating itself from Americade is a good move. Always a kinda stepchild under the giant shadow of that mega-event.
While I’ll miss riding the Lake George/Lake Luzene area I can always go up there on my own. Or just go to Americade (June 3-8).

Interesting is that Dirt Daze is now combined with/sponsored with Touratech who have also abandoned their solo rally usually held in PA.
It’s the “Touratech Dirt Daze Adventure Rally”

For me it’s another 100 miles north of Lake George so not a big deal. And I do like August up in the mountains compared to early June when is gets pretty darn cold and rainy.

I’m supposed to go upstate to a couple Ice Racing events in mid February. Might take an extra day to scout South Pomfret & “Suicide Six”.

https://dirtdazerally.com

Suicide Six BTW is a Ski Area & Resort. The name is in reference to the mountain and resort in case you thought it had to do with motorcycling. HaHa.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Video from last year/2018. This was "the Oasis Tour". There are probably 10 to 12 different rides and activities going on at the same time any given hour of any day.
Depending on your stamina you don't have to get out of the saddle except for fuel and mother nature... if you can:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts