TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow TW owners,

I travel to beautiful SW Utah twice a month to see my wife, drop supplies and ride the Outback.
Saturday's ride I was hoping to go on the #1 Trail from Yankee Meadows up and over to Panguitch Lake.
IMG_2918.JPG
I head up Second Lefthand Canyon and meet a father and son in a Jeep.
IMG_2927.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG
Next area to see Yankee Meadows Res.
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG
I turn onto Trailhead #1 to go solo to Panguitch Lake.

I guess I'm only allowed 5 pics per post.:stupid:
More soon,
VDR

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I am traveling up the Trail #1 and it is rough in sections and 3 ATVer's are coming down.
The lead guy says, " it gets really knarly in just a few yards ".
IMG_2934.JPG
I'm solo and not looking for hospital menu meals, I turn around.
I catch up to the three and wait as they drop down a tough section
As I'm waiting, over goes the girl riding a 700 Grizzly. I drop the stand and run to help get the ATV off of her.
The middle rider had heard her scream and ran to help.
She was ok with just a little rib soreness.
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
I return to the Yankee Meadows area and head up the mtn to Sidney Valley Road
IMG_2940.JPG
The mountains and trees in the area are awesome, trails are fun.
I've done several trails in and around the Parowan area, and in a couple weeks will be back to try another backcountry road.
IMG_2937.JPG

VDR

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Good report and looks like great country to ride. Wise move to turn around when you had to. I don't always do the right thing and when I am done I feel really stupid. When you go again take more pics and post them. I really enjoyed looking at them. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Really pretty country to ride in. If it's been warm down there, I bet you didn't mind gett'in your foot wet:D. Glad the girl wasn't injured worse than she was and that there was some help. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Beautiful pics, Mark. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day. I'll have to start calling you Quickdraw McGraw. With that nice shot of the deer it appears you're a lot faster than me in getting the camera out. It seems I'm always too slow to get a good pic of the wildlife. I'm glad the girl wasn't hurt, those Grizzlys are heavy. Nice water crossing, how deep was it? Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the water crossing was about a foot deep, I kept my feet up on the way in.
On the way out I hit the usual thing that makes me go sideways, down goes the foot.
It felt good and was almost dry by the time I hit the front door. lol
I've caught I think 3 deer in the camera, as soon as I see them, KILL SWITCH and brake, open camera case and they're still looking at me.
Must be that 89 paint scheme that has them in trance mode.
I hear bickering in the garage, my TW is bragging he got to go, Zuk is yelling it's his turn this weekend, Thumper is cool and says nothing.:cool:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Glad I'm not the only rider who'd rather have a nice ride and turn around than get in too deep and have a bad time. I learned that lesson the hard way! Good on you for being there to help that unfortunate ATV rider too. Me and the wife keep going back and forth on whether an ATV is the right way to go for her, seeing as how she's got clutch-phobia and a few 2 wheels vs. gravity events under her belt. Falling off of a bike seems way better than falling under an ATV any day to me, but at the same time I used to have a Zuk myself and can see how 4 wheels can serve a body better than one in certain terrain.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, TWer's,
Saturday's run was awesome in Vegas, my Zuk is still bragging.
Here's a copy/paste of my email to the Desert Ratz 4x4 Club of Las Vegas.

Hi Desert Ratz,

I must say the turn out for Saturday's run was fantastic.
Some Ratz came out of the hiding places and it was great to see you again.
You know who you are. Haha.
And Bill's whole family and friends and neighbors came out in force.
We had all type of wheeling machines out there.
Jeeps, Zuks, Morph Zuks, Yota's, Artic Cats, quads I'm sure I forgot some rig also.
I was so taken by the turn out that I only snagged a couple pics, sorry.
If you took some, can you share with me? Thx.

The weather was great, the food was good, the company, just awesome.
The ride in was a great sight, headlights spread out for about a mile or so.
I often wonder if incoming flights notice us out there in such force.
Ah, probably not, the Vegas lights have them staring off to other places.

Have a great week and watch for the next run, suggestion box is open to.

Welcome to Dirt, Nevada
photo (5).JPG see the Vegas lights in the background IMG_2956.JPG IMG_2957.JPG

·
Registered
77 Posts
That was a awesome ride report! I have just recently relocated to St George and patiently waiting to buy a TW. I hope to be out exploring the back roads to So
Utah very soon. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekend in Utah I had planned to ride near Paragonah, up the Cottonwood Canyon and such. I headed down the frontage road toward my goal.
The skies were very dark, lightning was off in the distance. I stopped at the livestock gate, I remembered hospital menu food sucks for the most part,
I'm not taking any lightning strikes today. I return to Parowan. I tell the wife I'm going up Second Lefthand Canyon, fitting as I'm lefthanded, I'm gone.
Now if you know this person or are this person, WAVE, I keep seeing a blue TW EVERY single time I go toward Brianhead's Hwy. Today this guy is coming down
from up there. Maybe because he doesn't wear a helmet he can't see another TW on the road.
CAM01172.jpg
I make it up the mountain and cross several small streams, the wind is blowing the trees all around me. The Aspens smell awesome up here.
A few campers at different spots, both trailers and tents. I see a deer bolt through the trees like I shot at it, (no pic) I peak the top and head to Yankee Meadows.
Very windy still the lake has small white caps, just a few people fishing, cows grazing near the water and the road, I slow for the little ones.
On down the road I go, ( is it called First Lefthand Canyon), not sure but it's beautiful here too.
CAM01184.jpg
I think of castles looking up here.
Oh, I head for the house.
Not as many miles as I would have liked, but it was great just riding.
VDR

36ed63d066ca5a8b98ce2bc086c247f2.jpg

FishByte, I'll ride with ya. B-dub lives in Hurricane, I go up to Utah almost every other weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts