TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding yesterday at the Correl Canyon OHV park. For you SoCal locals or travelers heading to California looking for some off road riding areas this trail is a lot of fun. It was all mud and water crossings due to the recent rains we have had out here in the past few weeks. The TW gave me a combination of thrills and near spills. One thing I love about these bikes is the low center of gravity because there's no doubt if I were on a taller bike I would have laid it down at least twice in this slick muck. The TW got me back in one piece

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Mine was from last fall, but it resembles yours.

Not a rocket scientist so I can't say for sure on the low center of gravity part keeping me upright as the TW squirreled around on the snow, but being low enough to keep my feet on the ground kept me from falling most of the day. I did biff it once as the front wheel said "to heck with this mud puddle" and let me and the TW "rest" for a moment. No harm done. Front tire doesn't know it yet, but I'm "firing it" and gonna get a new one!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub gets like that in the Ozarks. There's this one rocky 2-track on the way back to the motel that crosses back and forth across the same creek about 13 times, so I hit that on the way in to clean it all off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought a 1995 TW. Never road one before this. Immediatley got on some ice and snow . Lost it(bad) twice but didn't go down. This was a pleasant surprise to me. I would have thought the oposite.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I just bought a 1995 TW. Never road one before this. Immediatley got on some ice and snow . Lost it(bad) twice but didn't go down. This was a pleasant surprise to me. I would have thought the oposite.

There is a reason the world's best observed trials bikes have about the same suspension travel as a TW. You just figured out why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts