TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I recently acquired a secondhand but never-worn jacket with the removeable armor inserts missing.

Is there a material I can get (like a sheet or small roll) to cut out inserts to fit into this jacket? I tried to contact the manufacturer and the email bounced back.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I crushed my elbow in a bike wreck when I was younger that left it mostly immobile and painful. I got curious about the material BelterSkelter posted and did some online research. I found that the Poron XRD is supposedly some really awesome stuff. There's lots of impressive tests online. Both of my riding jackets have 'armor' inserts but they aren't much more than molded thin plastic. If I take a hit on my elbow it could be bad and improved protection would be great and maybe worth the effort if this stuff is as represented.

If anyone uses padding made from Poron I'd be interested to know if it's worth getting some. I see it's used for motorcycle, hockey, bicycle, and other sports gear and available in sheets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts