TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Diy skid plate?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
am making my own skid plate and I was wondering if anybody could measure the with of there ricochet off-road skid plate.

the picture I have posted has two dots if you could plea measure the length between the two dots that would be great

I will be using the measure meant as a reference to be able to print out the diagram to dimension. if anybody else would like to do the same thing I am doing I will post a picture of the template below. to make the skid plate you will have to prin the diagram to scale and then use it as a template on the pice of metal you will use to craft the skid plate. I will be fabricating my skid plate from street sings because they are very abundant (like on every street) they are relatively thick and pretty economical. afterwards, I will bend the seems to the appropriate angel then tig weld them to whether

anyway best of luck to you all

See less See more
#2 ·
7.5"

#6 ·
You may wish to fab your own 1" clamps out of material thicker than that of commonly available 1" clamps from typical sources. Electrical conduit clamps are of a much lighter gauge. I use some U-bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.