TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed DMO and Bill told me he stopped making the TW200 foot pegs. So my question is, what are y’all using for larger foot pegs that bolt right up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
best bet is to replace the OEM TW peg brackets with ProCycle brackets that accept WR and YZ pegs so you can use factory Yamaha steel, stainless steel, Titanium and aftermarket pegs like Raptor Ti, PivotPegz and countless others

And theres always the low cost cast China pegs that fit OEM TW brackets

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
...And theres always the low cost cast China pegs that fit OEM TW brackets
I ordered a set of these ±$16 pegs offa FleaBay. Although this set may not be representative of the whole, the pegs sloped "down & out" and were disagreeable with my knees & lower legs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve had past questionable experiences with China made pegs on eBay so I may steer clear of those for now, but at least good to know they can be an option.

That being said, does anyone have any experience and opinion on these pegs from IMS?

http://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?IDSet=2244

Also, any differences or opinions on the IMS vs the ProCycle ones here? Besides price of course?

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#wide-pegs

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I emailed DMO and Bill told me he stopped making the TW200 foot pegs. So my question is, what are y’all using for larger foot pegs that bolt right up?

I think they will make them if you order enough sets. I would order a set or buy a set if they were available.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I think they will make them if you order enough sets. I would order a set or buy a set if they were available.
Last time I spoke with Bill back in 2016 and bought what he said was the last batch of TW pegs he wanted to be done with TW pegs as he had too many whiners where with all his other pegs he had no problems ever. I think the stagger / offset on the TW pegs befuddled a few people. DMO pegs for the BW200 are also fit for the TW

I like those IMS pegs they have always made good products

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have IMS shifters on 3 of my bikes (including the TW) and they are very well built. Don't know anything about their footpegs.

Swapping-out the stock footpegs was the very first thing I did after I bought my TW. Couldn't show it to anyone until I did.
I went for the ASM-Wide Pegs from ProCycle. Spendy but actually built better than the entire bike. No adustments, drilling holes, filing burrs, etc.
Perfect fitment:

IMG_4953.JPG

I'm not kidding about the build quality. Look at it compared to the stock Yamaha footage no matter what size it is:
IMG_4952.JPG

With an IMS Extended Shifter. I'm size 11.5-12.00 shoe/bootsize.
IMG_4955.JPG

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Got 3 questions regarding...
Not specific to the TW, this is the IMS extended/adult shifter that works with our bikes:

IMG_4978 2.jpg

Look at the crappy weld on the oem factory shifter. Not why I changed it, might be an oddball, but what a disappointing piece of crap from a world-class manufacturer like Yamaha:
IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
it's a shame that DMO bill had problems from our odd ball little bike. from the moment he agreed to make them for the tdub he was nothing but helpful and professional. he wanted to make a top notch product at a fair price. i have prototype#1 on my dad's bike and serial#1 on my bike and both pair are still doing great after 6yrs of riding.

he succeeded, only to be beset by the offset. damn.

that said larger footpegs and longer shifter probably made the biggest difference to riding comfort for me. (and taller bars)
ride on!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve had past questionable experiences with China made pegs on eBay so I may steer clear of those for now, but at least good to know they can be an option.

That being said, does anyone have any experience and opinion on these pegs from IMS?

http://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?IDSet=2244

Also, any differences or opinions on the IMS vs the ProCycle ones here? Besides price of course?

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#wide-pegs

Thanks again everyone.

I have the IMS pegs on both my my tw’s. They fit perfect and I have zero complaints. They are a massive improvement over the factory pegs.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have IMS shifters on 3 of my bikes (including the TW) and they are very well built. Don't know anything about their footpegs.

Swapping-out the stock footpegs was the very first thing I did after I bought my TW. Couldn't show it to anyone until I did.
I went for the ASM-Wide Pegs from ProCycle. Spendy but actually built better than the entire bike. No adustments, drilling holes, filing burrs, etc.
Perfect fitment:

View attachment 186284

I'm not kidding about the build quality. Look at it compared to the stock Yamaha footage no matter what size it is:
View attachment 186286

With an IMS Extended Shifter. I'm size 11.5-12.00 shoe/bootsize.
View attachment 186288
They are much more expensive then I could justify, and I'm very happy with the ones I have, but I still have to ask....

The pivot center, how is it held in place? C-clip or cotter pin? It looks like it could be a rivet.

The other concern would be that the spring seems like over kill. The reason I ask is how serviceable are they? Ability to repair something that can take a lot of damage off road is important to me.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
I love my new pegs! They went on without much trouble. HUGE difference for my size 13 Sasquatch foot!

If you have a father-in-law with a welder, you can modify the originals. Procycle sells some kind of thing like this (more like the actual wider pegs) that can be attached to the original foot peg as well.

Pops-in-laws version. Mrs. Admiral uses them on here TW. I would but I bought a $10 Chinese knock off pair many years ago and their still holding up though I have bent them. Actually, the rocks bent them. Thankfully, my foot wasn't bent also.:p

Made a little narrower front to back, this may help with those who have a problem shifting with the "wider both ways" foot-pegs.

Procycle's weld on additions. About $30

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I am all for the home made variety. Some scrap metal, a vice and a hammer, and a welder and you're in business. My welding skills are minimal but they are good enough that they have held together even after being " severely tested". Cost: Practically free!
P1230032.JPG

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the IMS foot pegs and shifter. They both bolted right on. Look well made. Work very well and look to be made very well.

I would stay with the stock foot pegs before I'd use any of the ~$20 foot pegs.

I don't know your intended usage but I've broken off foot pegs and it's not that much fun, in the immediate moment, or when trying to ride back to the truck/trailer, or home missing one or both foot pegs, while potentially being injured.

Welding on the extra extension works well if you know how to weld and not anneal the base peg and weaken it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts