TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The end-piece of my muffler is loose and rattling audibly. I tightened the 10mm bolt at the bottom, and that helped for a couple hundred miles, but the piece loosened up again and the bolt is still torqued down tight. I removed it completely for inspection but don't see any obvious problem. Does that piece tend to wear out and need replacement? Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have always had the exact opposite...I can never get the screw loose! I've never heard of that part wearing out. Maybe someone else has had your problem and will help you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The end-piece of my muffler is loose and rattling audibly. I tightened the 10mm bolt at the bottom, and that helped for a couple hundred miles, but the piece loosened up again and the bolt is still torqued down tight. I removed it completely for inspection but don't see any obvious problem. Does that piece tend to wear out and need replacement? Thanks much in advance!

Mine was doing the same thing. Mine has a screw and the head is stripped just enough I couldn't get it to tighten or loosen. I welded the tip on, no more rattle now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts