TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question!

I just removed my airbox and installed a K&N air filter and oil filter.

It was a kit I ordered that also came with the "batter lesser" module to wire in to remove the battery.

It also came with a re-jeting kit for the carb.

What will happen if I don't re-jet?

I have not "run" the bike yet because I don't know what will happen if I run the bike before I install

this re-jet kit. Someone told me the bike would get very hot cuz it can breath more?

I don't want to do it if it is not necessary.

But I totally think I have too otherwise why would they include it in the "kit"

Any information would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input!

Is there any harm in running the bike lean for a few days until I get around to rejetting it?

Does my friend have any validity to his statment about it causeing the bike to overheat and burn out seals?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
There is a sticky on carb jetting in this forum topic. In it you will find the typical symptoms of bad carb tune. No symptoms, no need to rejet. Got symptoms, rejet. Running lean can cause heat-related problems, such as holed piston, burned valve, engine seizure, and other bad stuff. Running rich can lead to carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, clogged muffler baffles, fouled spark plug, oil washed from cylinder walls leading to excessive wear and loss of compression, and other bad stuff. Running a bike with a messed up carb tune will make your mechasnic wealthy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you a ton for your information qwerty, I won't run the bike until I re-jet. I will read everything on the sticky once I locate it.

Thanks kindly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts