TW200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I think I saw air under your tires when you were using your footpeg as a kickstand? :)

Best music ever for a trail video!

Outstanding!
But I call bogus! There has got to be some camera trickery going on there. I distinctly thought I saw the TW with actual air under its tires...

:)

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
It was awesome, how you spun the bike like an olympic figure skater on that foot peg will forever stay burned in my mind.. :)

J/K You are an awesome rider and all that rode with you know it. Can't wait to have you down again!

That was a well practiced stunt. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What extra maintenance?
Change oil as with any other bike and change the coolant every couple of years. The oil capacity may be a bit smaller so it may require more frequent changes, but I doubt you or I would stress the motor to its full potential.
I may pick one up this month; I have been debating getting one for about a year. A buddy of mine wants me to drink the koolaid and get a 300 xcw (not my riding style).
I have had the DT for a few years now and have maybe put 10 000 km on it and the coolant still looks good so I will wait until next spring to change it.
I have had the VStrom for 3 years and just over 33 000 km and will wait until next spring to change its coolant.
The WR250r I got in 2010 and I have changed the coolant once. It is due for another change.
I just realized it was a 2 stroke. Not so bad. I heard that 4 strokes that are liquid cooled with cartridge forks have more frequent and technical maintenance

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
glad it was just a fender... repair time on a face is longer. great ride!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I love how the DB did a classic bail when going down and it appears she pretty much landed on her feet. Screw the bike and just get away and out from under it. You ladies need two of those helmet cams so we can really see the crap you are riding through.
Going back to my youth I think you would be rather scary if you were riding my old Hodaka 2 stroke that had a wild power curve on a lot lighter bike. I bet a nice KTM 125cc would tickle your fancy given your size and weight and those are some very sweet bikes for your kind of riding.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks!:D

We both have helmet cams, plus the phone footage make for some great editing possibilities. I find the helmet cams flatten the single track ahead and side/rear views shows the topography a little better. Switching back and forth makes it much more entertaining too.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Thanks!:D

We both have helmet cams, plus the phone footage make for some great editing possibilities. I find the helmet cams flatten the single track ahead and side/rear views shows the topography a little better. Switching back and forth makes it much more entertaining too.
It could have been my slow internet connection here but most of the video was blurry for me almost like the camera was constantly trying to keep in focus. I don't get much chance to watch posted videos because of the data caps associated with satellite slow speed internet but I have watched a few others right at the end of a month when I have a couple GBs left and right before the first when my account gets credited with 10 new GBs of data for the month. Fred and a few others seemed to work perfectly for me and were very clear and also scary.:)

GaryL

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It could have been my slow internet connection here but most of the video was blurry for me almost like the camera was constantly trying to keep in focus. I don't get much chance to watch posted videos because of the data caps associated with satellite slow speed internet but I have watched a few others right at the end of a month when I have a couple GBs left and right before the first when my account gets credited with 10 new GBs of data for the month. Fred and a few others seemed to work perfectly for me and were very clear and also scary.:)

GaryL
Our cams are HD but I have satellite internet as well so I upload at 480p. When reception is good it looks ok but on some shots I used editing software to zoom in at the cost of resolution. Also there was a blurry spot on one of the lenses on the lower right corner. I would like to do higher quality videos but for now I'm just having fun with what I have to work with.

The worst thing about rural internet for us is video games now are all download even if you buy a disc, and one game can wipe out a whole months data usage. Then we're reduced to dial up speeds.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Our cams are HD but I have satellite internet as well so I upload at 480p. When reception is good it looks ok but on some shots I used editing software to zoom in at the cost of resolution. Also there was a blurry spot on one of the lenses on the lower right corner. I would like to do higher quality videos but for now I'm just having fun with what I have to work with.

The worst thing about rural internet for us is video games now are all download even if you buy a disc, and one game can wipe out a whole months data usage. Then we're reduced to dial up speeds.
That is exactly what I go through every month with Viasat as my provider. I can do some watching today and tomorrow because I have a little of my 10GBs left over before the account gets recharged on the 1st of December. I complain but still would rather live out here in the sticks where I have miles of woods between me and any other neighbors. You would have a blast on this thing but it is a handful.

IMG_1950.JPG

21 - 32 of 32 Posts