TW200 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I bought the same knock offs myself and have a mixed review.

Tell me this...Are the hardware with the Acerbis poor fitting hex heads and soft metal so they strip when you first tighten them? And the end bar hardware fit the stock TW handlebar?

Otherwise I think the guards and brackets look the same...my guess it the knock offs are the same with cheaper hardware.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
No the Acerbis hardware is good and comes with stuff to fit two size bars. Drop tested here.

I bought the same knock offs myself and have a mixed review.

Tell me this...Are the hardware with the Acerbis poor fitting hex heads and soft metal so they strip when you first tighten them? And the end bar hardware fit the stock TW handlebar?

Otherwise I think the guards and brackets look the same...my guess it the knock offs are the same with cheaper hardware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are much better hand guards out there that are much tougher. I have Cycra pro-bends on most of my woods dirt bikes because the can survive spills undamaged or even unmoved out of adjustments much better than others. I also used these on a DR650 that I put over 50,000 miles on and they with stood many a off road crash on that pig. Acerbis also makes a better line of hand guards. I have a set on one of my KTMs. Its called the x-factor handguard. Much thicker aluminum. I still like the Cycra the best.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi folks,

New forum member here.

Highway Dirt Bikes is an American company that makes hand guards. The Next Gen look really nice...I've got my finger on the button to purchase a set.

TDubbsKid mentioned them in the comments of one of his videos. Hopefully he will make an install video soon.

HDB NexGen
Ever try these? Seems like they are just for the orange and white bikes. I didn't see anything for jap bikes.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A Knock-Off is a Knock-Off. My Dad had bought a Rolex on the streets of Rome years ago. Never really kept time that well so he brought it to a watchmaker who pointed out it was actually a "ROMEX", ha. He did get it fixed and keeps time better than a real Rolex.

Nobody is copying Tusk because they are already inexpensive enough without being cheaply made, and more than up to the task for a TW anyway. I have/had them on 3 bikes so far. Zeta's on my new ride but that's eye-candy.
Acerbis, the real ones are excellent hand guards. Fleabay isn't exactly policing what is offered for sale on their site. They don't really care.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts