TW200 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Interesting thread worthy or resurrection in light of recent developments.
The other night when rioters were running loose unchecked by local police I and my neighbors were armed and ready to defend our properties. No way was I willing to stand back and let out-of-state imported ANTIFA terrorist criminals burn down my home. Those arrested where overwhelmingly young white kids from California. Despite the media's exhortations I just didn't feel enough White Guilt to surrender my rights and property to any group with a anti-America agenda.
Like the residents of Summerlin, Las Vegas who banded together to actively defend their neighborhoods very little of the violence and armed citizen's defensive response made the national news. A summery of last week's major networks coverage had none of them devoting even 60 seconds to the ongoing rioting and violence perpetrated upon law enforcement officers. Blue lives matter too. Guess it confuses the BLM anarchy narrative to have rioters kill black police officers.
I don't want to have to take the law into my own hands but will do so if the police are no longer allowed to forcedly arrest those who are forcedly resisting arrest for committing criminal acts.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Isn't that strange? We had the same lily-white Californians blockading the pipeline (that had already been approved by the Native Bands), clogging our streets, and trying to set fire to passing trains.
I'm all for peaceful protest, but some of these assholes need a load of buckshot in the ass...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
the ability to kill is the final arbiter of conflict

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
On one of my trips I came across one of those pipeline protesters on his way back home. He had strongly felt but poorly articulated convictions as we chatted while soaking in some hot springs. I just listened as he spoke in catch phrases of his "having done the right thing ", he was "helping the Indians" while "resisting corporate America" and otherwise assuaging his sense of White Guilt as the product of an ongoing indoctrination taught since the 60's.
He was a nice young man from Los Angeles but he did not seem very well informed of the pipeline issues nor the political forces at play that had made him into a willing minion.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
He was a nice young man from Los Angeles but he did not seem very well informed of the pipeline issues nor the political forces at play that had made him into a willing minion.
he likely went home and said a similar thing about the old man he met at the hot spring..... few of us know the forces at play that shape our ignorance.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
I alternate my carry. I sometimes carry a knife, machete, pepper spray, air horn, chainsaw, hand saw, .357, and 9mm. Except for the Machete, hand saw, and chainsaw, you'll never know what else. Gotta keep the criminal elements off-guard. Oh, and Mrs. Admiral doesn't carry anything cause she likes to throat punch up close and personal style!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
On one of my trips I came across one of those pipeline protesters on his way back home. He had strongly felt but poorly articulated convictions as we chatted while soaking in some hot springs. I just listened as he spoke in catch phrases of his "having done the right thing ", he was "helping the Indians" while "resisting corporate America" and otherwise assuaging his sense of White Guilt as the product of an ongoing indoctrination taught since the 60's.
Most of the imported protesters, or "domestic terrorists", as I call them, don't have a clue about this particular pipeline.
90% of them thought it was to carry diluted bitumen from Alberta to the BC Port...when in fact,it is for Natural Gas from Northern BC to the LNG plant near Smithers.
Even when told that this natural gas will go to China, to eliminate their coal-fired plants...they STILL resist....in essence, doing nothing more than stirring the pot.
When the disgruntled Natives are brought to the forefront of their narrative, they are told that 85% of those affected, have given their approval of this project as it will bring jobs, prosperity and a future for their communities...the imports side with the malcontent 15% that are obviously missing out on the gravy train, citing years of "systemic racism" (sound familiar?). But then you point out that the Hurons of the Ontario-area were eliminated from existence by the Iroquois, and they toss it aside as propaganda and call you racist...much like the black-on-black violence that the BLM movement conveniently ignores.

As I said...I have no issue with peaceful protest, but what we've seen over the past few years is anything but "peaceful". They are mobs, assembled by other interests...whose only 'real' objective seems to be disabling economies, torching buildings and businesses, and stealing whatever you can carry.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Troll, I gave the the man no reason to believe I thought differently than him.
My intentions during the experience was purely educational, a Socratic process. To question, listen and learn is but one way we can gain wisdom. Sometimes we hear more true individual thoughts without the rhetoric when the speaker does not feel challenged.
I did not reveal any personal opinions to the returning protester , I simply let him relate his story as I sought insights into his thought process rather than attempting to engage in any logical discourse or confrontation. With no arguments given by me he had no reason to assume I could be of a different mind-set than him. Why ruin a good soak? Possibly he thought he had made a convert out of me.
Reminds me of the old phrase "When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME" :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I always keep a loaded firearm within fast and easy reach. It doesn't matter whether I am riding, driving, walking to the mailbox, or sitting at my computer. I was Boy Scout all the up from a Tiger - BE PREPARED! Modern times are a wonderful reminder that carrying a firearm is not always comfortable but always comforting. Don't be a victim!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Although I also carry a firearm for protection quite often and was raised up to defend myself and others, the last thing you want to do is be involved in a shooting. You are very likely to quickly become mired in legal difficulties that average $80-$100,000 to defend yourself, whether the shooting was justified or not. Unless you’re protecting yourself or a loved one the best course of action is to retreat as quickly as possible from any scene of violence with only the last resort involving your weapon. That is just the situation in today’s world. The criminals are instantly made into victims deserving everybody’s sympathy, including court proceedings.
Example in point would be what just happened in Atlanta. A police officer shot an individual who has struggled with him during an arrest and taken away his Taser. The suspect pointed the Taser at the police officer and he was then shot by the officer. And the news media puts it out as another case of murder of person of color by the police.
I’ll keep my weapon well oiled, close, and always concealed. I just hope I never have to use it.

Reactions: grewen and Fred

·
Registered
603 Posts
I wonder what this generation would do if they were forced to sit and watch a few episodes of All in the Family ?
I'm pretty sure that they would first have whatever a "panic attack" is supposed to be....then they would log on to social media in order to let everyone in the world know how offended they felt while watching a comedy show from decades before they were even born...then likely do everything they can to defame Archie Bunker personally without realizing that he was actually a character played by Carroll O'Conner, who passed away almost 10 years ago. Just an educated guess from what I have in the last few decades!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am amazed...shock...dismayed...astonished....by the actions of the terrorists. Tearing down statues and monuments...as if that re-writes history?
I truly believe that the NEXT generation won't be studying history at all in school....it will be too painful for them.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think it is a disgrace that freedom now allows people to pay others to protest for them. I think that is the case going on now with the domestic terrorism going on here in the US. I do not have proof of this. This is not protesting when they are committing illegal acts. Why are we not giving them what they are asking for which is (Justice). Giving them justice would throw them in jail for their illegal acts and charge them with property damage and the injury to others that they have been doing. You have political groups, individuals, or certain groups who are trying to sway the people their way even if it is by force.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
As Gastone points out the possible subsequent legal consequences of self-defense from a human can get bad. Same for phycological burden later on. Thus I don't carry while riding as a stolen bike or wallet can be replaced.
I have had enough surprise encounters with dangerous animals to know they can be on top of you before any firearm can be deployed from a safe carry. I got between a mother black bear and her 3 cubs once and she ran me down in seconds. She had no patience to wait for me to strip off my pack and dig for my rock hammer for imaginary self-defense.
Live in cougar country? I get them now and then. A stealthy leap onto your neck from behind leaves little reaction time even if you have a weapon in hand.
cougar, big surprise.jpg

cougar kitten crop.jpg
cougar 2.jpg

cougar 3:22:20.jpg

Two legged vermin around my home would be different where I have "Stand Your Ground" and the "Castle Doctrine" for later legal defense.
During the rioting the police were very comfortable with citizens open carry plainly displayed to rioters as a deterrent.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
As Gastone points out the possible subsequent legal consequences of self-defense from a human can get bad. Same for phycological burden later on. Thus I don't carry while riding as a stolen bike or wallet can be replaced.
I have had enough surprise encounters with dangerous animals to know they can be on top of you before any firearm can be deployed from a safe carry. I got between a mother black bear and her 3 cubs once and she ran me down in seconds. She had no patience to wait for me to strip off my pack and dig for my rock hammer for imaginary self-defense.
Live in cougar country? I get them now and then. A stealthy leap onto your neck from behind leaves little reaction time even if you have a weapon in hand. View attachment 206098

View attachment 206099 View attachment 206100
View attachment 206101

Two legged vermin around my home would be different where I have "Stand Your Ground" and the "Castle Doctrine" for later legal defense.
During the rioting the police were very comfortable with citizens open carry plainly displayed to rioters as a deterrent.
You have natural defense Fred, just bait a few of your trail cams to an attached tripping device to spray a natural scent on undesirable trespassers as a dinner for you currently favorite predator.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think it is a disgrace that freedom now allows people to pay others to protest for them. I think that is the case going on now with the domestic terrorism going on here in the US. I do not have proof of this. This is not protesting when they are committing illegal acts. Why are we not giving them what they are asking for which is (Justice). Giving them justice would throw them in jail for their illegal acts and charge them with property damage and the injury to others that they have been doing. You have political groups, individuals, or certain groups who are trying to sway the people their way even if it is by force.
Agree 100%.
Just yesterday....another group of imported terrorists blockaded one of the bridges in the city, and the Police were diverting traffic.
I'm pretty sure that blocking traffic is AGAINST THE LAW...why are they allowed to continue, completely baffles me. The police are there to serve and protect...yet they allow this minority of $hit disturbers to inconvenience the general public, for hours.
Meanwhile, on the News....every instance of visible-minority injured by Police is being replayed over and over. Never mind that in EACH case, the victim is combative and uncooperative...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm not a man to let the fear of a corrupted legal system impact my actions when my life is on the line. I heard an old saying once, "Better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six."

61 - 80 of 86 Posts