TW200 Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
I never understood the "quick disassembly/assembly" drills. Doing something faster doesn't mean that you are more proficient at it. In my mind, a much more intelligent practice is to take the required time to inspect the components of the weapon for any wear or damage. Does remind of Gump, though....

·
Registered
841 Posts
I never understood the "quick disassembly/assembly" drills.
The purpose is to build up a 'muscle memory', where your muscles can do the work when your mind is busy elsewhere. For example; tuning your car radio while changing lanes and smacking a kid in the rear seat. All while taking an off ramp from the fast lane and without need of looking at the radio or the kid in the back seat. Only after years of 'practice' can you do this successfully.
During combat, a rifle can jamb. So, while bullets are flying over head, you're diving for cover, lots and lots of distractions, fingers remember what to do independent of what your mind and other body parts are occupied with and the gun is successfully disassembled and put back into operational order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I carry everyday, everywhere. In the summer I pocket carry a small semi auto pistol. In cooler weather I carry a 3" model 65 in a hip holster.
It doesn't matter if I'm riding a motorcycle or driving in my truck or walking.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts