TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
:( i'm in san diego at a wedding that weekend.... (but free the next ;))
i do want to see our 226's side by side

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to attend to meet some other TW riders.
Unfortunately I work Saturdays.

But, I will follow this post to see where the event will be and see if I can get some (more) time off.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
If the stars align properly I will be there.

I want to try re-torquing some head bolts of TW's with leaking base gaskets.

If it is sunny and kind of warm I will ride my 5 speed 214cc TW and we can do a heads up comparison with 6 speed 226's. You know, a "wrench and race".

If not I will be in the car.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Just getting a chance to see some of TW-Brian’s impressive TW fleet would be great. Inspecting the trailer wheel conversion close up ranks up there with seeing a pair of Big Bore TWs parade up and down the street. Impressive as usual Brian, however I probably won’t make this wrench-n-ride once again.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sounds like fun! maybe we can order up some pizzas from good local pizza joint. Just wrote it on calendar. Probably be driving car in. Don't really like riding my Tw in traffic. (crazy bay area drivers....;))

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
nov 11th? YEAH!

tony,
my dad's bike is a dreaded '06 and has a leaky head gasket... maybe i'll trailer it over, along with the mighty 226.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yay, it's been way too long! Anything I can bring?

Edit: Oh, and did I miss the post where times were listed?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One week until the next Wrench & Ride!

This event will be at my garage in Pleasanton, CA from 10:00am until whenever. I will provide cold refreshments, and a very kind and generous fellow forum member has graciously offered to supply pizza for lunch :D! Everyone is welcome (even if you don't have a TW yet) to come and hang with some of the Norcal Nutjobs. PM me for the address if this will be your first time attending one of these.

Here is the count so far and the work being planned:

Mountain Redbelly (James) - Install kickstarter
Joeband (Joe) - Work on JoeDad's leaking base gasket
Elime (Tony) - Try Tony's Torque Trick on JoeDad's base gasket
Evan (Mike) - Supervising the going's on and eating pizza
Bananachunks (George) - (Maybe?) - Recuperating form recent crash and bonding with his old bike
m0t0-ryder - (Maybe?) - Hope you can make it
Anyone else?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TW-Brian- Won't be able to make this one. Hopefully the next one. Cream puffs and wheel balancer will have to wait. Have fun. Post pics.
We'll miss you Bill!

Good thing I re-scheduled this for next weekend as it is raining here today. Are you getting any snow yet at your place? I hear that Tahoe may get up to two feet this weekend.

Next time,

Brian

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also will have to miss this wrench and ride. Work calls. Please take detailed notes on the base gasket retorque. I am next on that list.
Joe, I am sorry to hear this.

I was kinda hoping that you might have another serious case of vision problems :eek:;):cool:!

Brian

1 - 20 of 58 Posts