TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the guy who got his bike back after it was stolen (although very beat up), I was wondering how many of you carry full coverage? I was just going to carry basic liability on mine but when I learned that it was only a few dollars more for full coverage, that's what I went for. I pay $140 a year with Progressive....what do you have?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't get me started... $800 a year full coverage in "cash grab" Ontario Canada. But hey they tell me it goes down to $200 a year in 3 years. My Honda Rubicon 500 is $375 a year Green Plated for off road use.

Just don't like the idea of someone walking away with my pricy belongings with no recourse!

Sorry for the rant!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i have geico and i think it is $99/ yr for full coverage

·
Registered
185 Posts
After reading about the guy who got his bike back after it was stolen (although very beat up), I was wondering how many of you carry full coverage? I was just going to carry basic liability on mine but when I learned that it was only a few dollars more for full coverage, that's what I went for. I pay $140 a year with Progressive....what do you have?

I bought my 2012 with cash and only have liability AND comprehensive. You don't need collision to cover theft and things like vandalism, that usually falls under comprehensive. Collision can be costly and is seldom worth it for an inexpensive vehicle in my opinion. I'm paying about $70/year with Progressive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I paid $240 for progressive for 1 yr and thats FULL COVERAGE. Uninsured motorist, theft, damage, etc... I think a few extra bucks is just good ole' piece of mind.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
$105.90/year with State Farm for liability, uninsured drivers, and uninsured drivers property damage. I increased liability/property damage from the minimum $15/$30/$5 to $100/$300/$25 for just a few dollars more.

It is not worth it to me to pay for comprehensive or collision on a 27 year old motorcycle that I paid $1100 for it 5 years ago. I have towing through AAA that covers all my vehicles.

If I only carried the $100/$300/$5 liability it would cost $26.08 per year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have three bikes and have full coverage with high maximums on all of them through Progressive. I already had the coverage on the '09

Ducati Monster 1100S and the '05 Suzuki DR650 dual sport, and they will both get far more miles per year than the TW. I knew that Progressive gives a major discount for multiple bikes, and I knew that the TW would be cheap. It worked out that way.

Including the TW actually REDUCED my yearly cost by $30.00

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got full everything. My bike and hell me. Replace all my missing parts with robotics. i got soo much coverage I could just take a vacation in the hospital.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, what a range. I wonder how much age plays a roll in it? Mine was probably a bit more than some of you simply due to the fact that it was a 2013 model? I can't believe you guys in Canada though! Wow. Well, you do have health insurance though huh? lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
I pay about $400 yr for full coverage on a 2013. I wasn't going to get full coverage, but it wasn't a big difference in price from liability only, so, why not?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's more geographic location. I have the liability with the signed "Don't care if I get killed" paperwork that I do with my other used motorcycles through State Farm and my TW is 12 dollars/year for legal insurance.

My scooters and suzuki TS250s are about 6 dollars/year.

Keeps the police happy if they pull me over.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have more coverage here in Georgia. I took a look around at all the cars & trucks on the road with damage and held together with duck tape...

I went with liability, comp., and uninsured. It comes out to $13.31 a month. --> math --> $159.72 a year.

I think the most I paid back in Kansas was $60 a year.

But there's a lot less traffic there, and less chance of being in an accident.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Full Coverage on two bikes with Progressive. It's worth the few bucks more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts